Post Date: 03/14/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Medical Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Old Town Clinic
REPORTS TO: Care Team Manager
SALARY: $17.25-$18.25, Hourly DOE
SCHEDULE: .9 FTE scheduled 4 days a week between Monday-Friday 7:30am-5:15pm
SUMMARY: The Medical Assistant (MA) plays a critical role in patient care at Old Town Clinic.
MAs work to support providers and patients throughout the patient visit and are also integral members of the patient care team. MAs at OTC work closely with patient-centered care teams composed of clerical staff, clinical staff and Care Team Managers.
1. High School or GED required.
2. Completion of a Certificate-level Medical Assistant program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Educational programs (CAAHEP) or ABHES accredited.
3. Minimum of one (1) year recent, verifiable medical assistant experience within a health care setting preferred.
4. Certified Medical Assistants preferred.
5. Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
6. Previous experience working with underserved populations, specifically people without stable housing, preferred.
7. Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
8. If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in a program of recovery and able to provide demonstration of sobriety for a minimum of two years.
9. Must have the ability to read labels and distinguish between colors.
10. Must be physically able to walk, bend, stoop, be on feet for long periods of time, twist, kneel, reach, squat, pull, lift heavy patients or objects and climb stairs several times a day.
11. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
12. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
13. Must possess the ability to effectively interact with co-workers and patients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, lifestyles and sexual orientations and treat all individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs