Post Date: 12/18/2019
Close Date: 01/17/2020
Catlin Gabel School seeks to employ the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.
Catlin Gabel School believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to its success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Position Title: Middle School Library Assistant/After School Program Coordinator (Temporary)
Department: Middle School
FTE: .6 (Non-Exempt)
Reports to: Middle School Head
As a progressive school, we expect all employees to embrace whole child education, inquiry-based practices, educating for democracy, and experiential learning pedagogies in their positions. This staff position works in both the library and with our after-school programs. As a library, we expect employees to understand and reinforce library core values, for example confidentiality/privacy, diversity, and intellectual freedom. For the after-school program, we strive to provide a safe, positive environment for students to be able to interact and socialize, do homework, and build community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES of LIBRARY ASSISTANT
- Help maintain the library as an attractive, welcoming, efficiently run space for reading, studying, and researching needs for diverse populations.
- Catalog and process materials for the MS Library using Follett’s Titlewave, Alliance Plus, and other appropriate resources, including periodic original cataloging.
- Help manage circulation including placing holds, sending notifications, and shelving of library materials, books, and periodicals, working with volunteers, and running reports on circulation and library usage
- Supervise the library and students when librarian is engaged in other tasks, including assisting patrons in understanding and utilizing library services, procedures, and resources.
- Support Middle School SpringShare LibGuides pages
- Create, maintain, and update reading and resource lists and displays.
- Other duties as assigned by Head of Middle School
ESSENTIAL DUTIES OF AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM (ASP) COORDINATOR
- Maintain a positive, safe climate and environment for ASP from the hours of 3:15 pm to 6:00 pm on school days.
- Supervise middle school students and periodically lead activities for them.
- Ensure health and safety of students by utilizing and enforcing school policies. For example, student check-in and check-out procedures for after school programs for attendance and accountability.
- Communicate with parents/guardians who arrive for pick-up of students.
This is a temporary non-exempt position, beginning immediately. It follows the academic school year and ending at the end of the school year in June. The position includes working 27.5 hours a week.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least two years of study at an accredited college, university, or technical school preferred.
Two or more years of library experience preferred.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx. Applicants MUST apply via the provided link to be considered.
Complete details: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx