Post Date: 05/02/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt has an opening in its Portland office for a full-time Registered Agent Specialist.
The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills and attention to detail, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate will work well under pressure in a team-oriented environment, with an emphasis on client service. A familiarity with a law firm environment is preferred. The position requires the abilities to learn and utilize computer software, follow instructions carefully, accept a full variety of projects, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines as assigned. Strong mathematical and accounting acumen is necessary for success in this area of law. Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate preferred.
Specific job duties include:
- Data entry into database with high degree of accuracy, including receipt of annual report renewal notifications
- Database maintenance and ability to extract a variety of reports
- Docketing annual report and various corporate maintenance due dates
- Service of Process
- Drafting letters to clients to forward business license and other mailings made upon a company
- Drafting of Information Change forms and letters to company for forwarding such forms
- Preparation of PowerPoint materials
- Research state corporation records to gather a variety of information regarding company registrations, including downloading of company records in database or spreadsheet format to sort and search for missing records
- Provide support and backup to other RAP Team members, including: drafting engagement letters and Annual Company Information Forms; drafting Resignation as Registered Agent documents; receipt of dialing mail; receipt of executed engagement letters, Annual Company Information Forms, and annual fee payments from clients; invoicing; and Annual Report filings.
This position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. The most successful candidate will have experience working with Microsoft Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word, and Excel. Additionally, a successful candidate will have experience with database management and data entry.
Interested and qualified candidates should direct their cover letter and resume to Melissa Tofell, Legal Support Services Manager, at Recruiting@schwabe.com.
Schwabe, Williamson & Wyatt provides a team-oriented working environment, offering competitive salaries and excellent benefits including medical, dental, life, LTD, 401(k)/profit sharing retirement, tuition reimbursement, EAP, transit subsidy, and paid time off.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other status protected by law.
Complete details: https://www.schwabe.com/careers-professionals