Post Date: 06/03/2019
Close Date: 06/19/2019
Close date: June 19th, 2019
Salary: $4,853 - $7,106 monthly
Location: Portland, OR
The Oregon Health Authority (OHA), Public Health Division (PHD), Drinking Water Services in Portland, OR is recruiting for a Data Management, Compliance and Enforcement Unit Manager to manage and direct the Data Management, Compliance and Enforcement Unit of the Drinking Water Program. The Drinking Water Program, through enforcement of the drinking water standards, reduces the risk of disease or health effects for those who consume drinking water from public water systems in Oregon. The program is carried out through local county agencies as well as directly by OHA in the absence of local health agencies. The program carries out the mission of the Department in the area of drinking water by ensuring compliance with applicable standards and regulations.
What will you do?
As the Data Management, Compliance and Enforcement Unit Manager, you will oversee all management functions of the unit as well as provide support to staff on complex projects, assignments, and technical work as needed. You will serve the statewide regulated public water system community and partner agencies as an expert technical resource on public health aspects of drinking water and drinking water regulations and standards.
The unit continuously monitors compliance by over 3400 public water systems with water quality and reporting standards using the federal State Drinking Water Information System database (SDWIS). The unit receives water quality data from public water suppliers and laboratories, inputs data to SDWIS, sets and maintains and communicates monitoring schedules for water suppliers, identifies violations of standards, reports violations to program staff, counties, and the USEPA, communicates safe drinking water information to water suppliers and the public via a comprehensive website, and prepares and tracks progress on formal enforcement actions. The unit analyzes safe drinking water trends and progress, which are used to identify and prioritize risks to health and target overall drinking water program resources to meet state and federal objectives for safe drinking water.
What's in it for you?
You will work with a team of public health professionals who are passionate about the work they do to reduce the incidence and risk of waterborne disease and exposure of the public to hazardous substances potentially present in drinking water supplies. Do you have management experience in environmental or public health? Do you have experience in drinking water quality assurance and compliance? If so, we want to connect with you!
What are we looking for?
• Preference will be given to applicants who have experience managing a large-scale drinking water program.
• Six years of experience in supervision, staff-technical, or professional-level work related to environmental health. Two years of this experience must have included supervision and management of a program, section, or unit which included: a) development of program rules and policies, b) development of long- and short-range goals and plans, c) program evaluation, and d) budget preparation.
• Experience managing and/or supervising staff in the performance of their job duties.
• Experience setting appropriate program goals and objectives.
• Experience working with databases and data management tools.
• Experience managing and deescalating conflict to reach an effective outcome.
• Experience preparing, monitoring and managing budgets.
• Experience in health equity, addressing systemic health disparities and collaborating with diverse, vulnerable and underrepresented populations.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, follow the link below and complete the online application and all supplemental questions:
Complete details: https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Portland--Oregon-Street---OHA/Data-Management--Compliance-and-Enforcement-Unit-Manager--Principal-Executive-Manager-D-_REQ-9157