Post Date: 05/11/2020
Close Date: 06/05/2020
Position Title: Resident Services Coordinator
Reports to: Resident Services Supervisor
Status: Full-time, Non-exempt
Salary: $19.00 - $20.00 per hour
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm
The Resident Services Coordinator provides supportive services to residents of Northwest Housing Alternatives’ affordable housing properties by linking them to available services in the community. Core duties include partnership building with community organizations, information and referral services, and organizing events and activities at each property. The goal of Resident Services is to help residents remain stable in their housing by preventing unnecessary evictions, providing resources to enhance each individual’s opportunities, and by fostering positive and cohesive communities.
To apply for this position please fill out the online application at: https://nwhousing.sutihr.com/jobs. This position will remain open until the right applicant is found.
• Establish contact with new residents and welcome new residents to the community. Explain the Resident Services program and the role of the Resident Services Coordinator in helping support residents to access local resources.
• Identify, assess, select, develop, and manage partnerships with local social service and resource agencies which may help residents maintain housing stability and access opportunities for growth.
• Assess needs of individual residents and provide information and referral to residents in need of assistance.
• Assess needs of the whole property to plan, organize, and implement on-site events which focus on health and wellness, youth engagement, community resource education, and community building. Facilitate quarterly tenant meetings in coordination with property management.
• Communicate professionally and effectively with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
• Collaborate and support Resident Services team members, including attendance at bi-weekly team meetings and sharing resources.
• Coordinate with property and asset management staff around issues related to housing stability of residents and overall stability of the whole property.
• Keep abreast of community resources and processes for accessing those resources, particularly those pertaining to accessing medical services and transport, rent and utility assistance, and mental health services.
• Maintain knowledge of Oregon Fair Housing laws and industry standards of confidentiality. Utilize this knowledge in daily practice.
• Track and measure program progress by utilizing NHA’s internal database for data tracking.
• Work independently and in partnership with other Resident Services staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Suite
• Ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders both verbally and in writing
• Ability to complete assignments, find what needs to be done, and get help when needed
• Basic mediation skills that include listening, seeking common ground, and acknowledging differences
• Valid driver’s license, positive driving history, and own reliable transportation with current insurance
Education and Experience:
• Two years of experience working in supportive services, or a Bachelor’s degree and one year of experience working in supportive services
• Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Walking up and down stairs
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds at times.
Northwest Housing Alternatives is committed to supporting a diverse workforce and does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other status protected by law.
Complete details: https://nwhousing.sutihr.com/jobs