Post Date: 03/23/2020
Close Date: 04/30/2020
Mental Health Therapist
Full Time, Full Benefits
Seeking to hire a Mental Health Therapist to join Morrison’s highly specialized Counterpoint Day Treatment program. The program was created to provide therapeutic services for children who have experienced trauma and abuse and who have had engaged in sexually inappropriate behaviors. Our program is designed to help prevent and eliminate future issues of sexual behavioral problems, and reduce adverse effects from trauma and abuse, and to empower youth by guiding and helping them acquire pro-social skills to increase successful transitions to the community
The Mental Health Therapist will provide therapeutic services to adolescent boys who have displayed sexually inappropriate behaviors. They will be responsible for maintaining the assigned case load, this includes providing individual, group and family therapy, as well as skills building and milieu management. This position will comply with program policies and guidelines while utilizing best practices in trauma informed care.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for the position:
• Provides therapy to youth, conducts assessments, and treatment planning
• Maintains the clinical record for each client and ensures documentation meets all compliance standards
• Serves as liaison to psychiatric service providers, proctor and biological parents, OYA, school personnel and other members of the treatment team
The ideal candidate has knowledge child and adolescent development, family systems, substance abuse, delinquency and related interventions. They’ll have experience providing treatment services and rehabilitation to sexual offenders. Must be comfortable working with adjudicated youth.
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Master’s degree in social services or related filed required
• Two years of experience working with at-risk youth
• Holds SOTB certification OR be eligible to begin registration for this certification upon hire
• Intermediate computer skills using word processing, databases, electronic medical records and email
• Knowledge of child and adolescent development, family systems, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency and related interventions.
• Individual, group and family therapy skills required
• Pass a DHS criminal background check
• Meet agency driving requirements
• May involve irregular work hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
• Will receive medication administration training and certification, and must be willing to administer medication, and maintain documentation in accordance with policy and procedure on an as needed basis
Starting Pay Range:
Mental Health Therapist: $19.36 - $23.92
Bilingual Mental Health Therapist: $21.10 - $26.07
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through a website without enabled link please visit https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Mental Health Therapist- Counterpoint Day Treatment” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center – Mental Health Therapist- Counterpoint Day Treatment
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.