Post Date: 11/13/2019
Close Date: 12/20/2019
Serve as HR Business Partner assigned to business unit(s) with responsibility for organizational development, workforce planning, change navigation, talent acquisition, and performance management activities. Identify and provide client-focused solutions that drive effective business results through the alignment of human resources best practices to strategic business goals. Responsible for identifying and supporting efforts to raise the level of organizational performance.
Ensure a commitment to safety through consistent and professional behaviors in performance of job requirements that demonstrate safety is a fundamental value that guides all aspects of our work. Perform related duties as required.
1. Work collaboratively with subject matter experts in Labor Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting and other disciplines to fulfill the Division's mission to create a workplace where talented people want to come, stay and thrive.
2. Work with leadership to identify key business objectives and the human resources needed to meet those objectives. Help leadership align short and long-term business and human resources objectives and workplans.
3. Identify strategic objectives for staffing, professional development, talent development and succession planning, diversity, productivity programs, attendance, compensation and benefits, etc.
4. Work with leaders/managers to plan, develop and implement effective people strategies that create a culture focused on safety, accountability, customer service, collaboration and teamwork.
5. Work with leaders/managers to support their team's development and growth. Provide guidance on strategies to effectively manage employee performance, reduce the risk of employment litigation, increase employee morale, and optimize turnover.
6. Promote positive reinforcement in performance management as a way to retain the best talent and create a positive work environment that increases individual and team performance. Monitor the effectiveness of these strategies and adjust them as needed.
7. Conduct workplace investigations and ADA interactive process assessments, as needed.
8. Partner with executive leaders to develop organizational design strategies.
9. Consult with leaders/managers to diagnose and analyze current and future talent needs, develop a strategic workforce plan, and guide execution of the plan.
10. Assist managers with developing and implementing organizational development and change management initiatives.
11. Use results of employee work climate surveys to implement improvements, as appropriate.
12. Ensure policies, procedures and practices comply with employment laws and align with the organization's strategic goals.
13. Partner with subject matter experts to coach and train leaders and managers on human resources issues and best practices. Coach managers to effectively utilize HR systems and procedures to the benefit of the divisions supported.
14. Participate in HR process improvement efforts and cross-functional teams to ensure processes are streamlined and meet client expectations.
15. Analyze and share internal trends and best practices with leaders/managers to ensure the organization remains competitive and able to attract/retain qualified employees.
16. Lead talent acquisition efforts for senior positions within divisions supported.
17. Participate in professional development sessions or seminars. Work on special projects. Lead special and cross-functional project teams.