Post Date: 05/16/2019
Close Date: 06/14/2019
Neighborhood House, a 114 year-old not-for-profit providing services to more than 8,000 low-income children, families and seniors in the greater Portland area, is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager.
We are looking for a credentialed (PHR, SPHR) and experienced HR professional with several years of experience as the HR leader for an organization with 100+ employees. As a department of one, you will have demonstrated success in working with staff at all levels of the organization, as well as, a proven ability to work directly with the executive team and a Board of Directors. Our HR Manager is a key decision maker with the operations team and reports directly to the CFO. The role provides full cycle HR and is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal and external customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and continuous process improvement.
The position is 0.80 FTE, approximately 32 hours per week. There is some flexibility in the work schedule.
• Policy and Procedure Duties: Develop and publish HR policies and procedures for Neighborhood House to ensure compliance.
• HRIS Duties: Manage HRIS (ADP Workforce Now). Including onboarding and terminations.
• Employee Relations Duties: Managing employee relations climate. Manage disciplinary actions. Prepare and process employee separations. Create reports providing analysis, identifying trends, program compliance, and additional HR analysis reports as requested. Conduct internal investigations, all aspect of recruitment, and manage semi-annual performance review process.
• Benefits Administration: Oversee administration of benefits program and insurance plans. Oversee all leaves of absence, including PTO, disability, OFLA/ FMLA and worker’s compensation.
• Staffing Duties: Ensures alignment of staffing with approved budget goals. Full cycle recruitment, including job descriptions and managing posts. Participate in agency-wide diversity, equity and inclusion initiative.
• Compliance Duties: Administer EEOC policies, EEOC reporting, managing OSHA requirements, and regularly monitor state and federal compliance of FLSA, OFLA, FMLA, ADA, and Pay Equity.
• Compensation Program Duties: Review and analyze compensation program for cost and delivery of service to our employees.
• Experience: Two (2) years in a managerial role, along with an additional three (3) years’ experience in the HR field
• HR certification is preferred
• Deep understanding of HR employment law
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now or equivalent HRIS/ Payroll system
Neighborhood House believes our employees are our best investment. Because of this, we provide an excellent full-time (30 hours and above) benefits package, including: medical insurance, dental insurance, paid life insurance, paid long term disability insurance, 403b retirement, FSA, and more. We also offer a generous paid time off policy, 11 paid holidays, and a flexible working schedule.
Send Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org