Post Date: 03/26/2020
Close Date: 04/30/2020
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Practice Expert – Career Education and Workforce Development for our Center for Learning Design and Development.
Supervisory Responsibility: None
• Act as a partner in the development and execution of strategic growth priorities in the areas of career education, workforce development and youth development
• Cultivate strong and trusted client relationships and lead business development efforts to generate projects through partnership, proposal development, and grant writing
• Serve as project director for multiple projects that support clients (including federal and state agency staff and school district and postsecondary education administrators and instructors) in improving educational and workforce outcomes
• Write engaging and actionable reports and policy briefings and develop blogs, infographics, training modules, and social media postings to share research and technical assistance findings
• Work closely with team members, clients and partners to coordinate and conduct site visits and client meetings, prep for field work and conduct onsite and virtual interviews.
• Provide quality assurance review of external reports, deliverables and other client facing materials
• Serve as a lead instructional designer on one or more projects adapting source content to a variety of distance delivery media as well as working with other instructional designers across projects.
• Apply innovative thinking and creative solutions that reflect client needs, learner assessment, content, and budget.
• Maintain close communication with supervisors, particularly regarding budget and staffing, personnel issues, and partner challenges.
• Advance the mission and extend the name recognition of the organization by participating in professional organizations, seeking opportunities to present work or research to external audiences, and cultivating networks of relationships with stakeholders and fellow practitioners.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Ideal Candidates will possess
• Master’s degree or equivalent, Ph.D. preferred.
• 7+ years of senior project leadership experience, with a focus on career and workforce education and/or youth development
• Demonstrated ability to successfully identify and lead new business opportunities
• Extensive knowledge of federal, state, and municipal youth development, career and technical education, and workforce development policy and practice at the K–12 and postsecondary education levels
• Knowledge of practices to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion for youth and adults facing personal, physical, economic, and societal challenges
• Understanding of the unique needs of, and strategies to support youth at high risk of school failure, including the homeless, those in foster care, and the juvenile justice system
• Excellent communication and collaborative skills working with professional colleagues and clients
• Experience and comfort working with external clients and partners
• High level of confidentiality, particularly related to the development of strategic direction, business development strategies, and management policies
Travel and other Key Requirements
• Occasional travel by air and via car to various areas in and out of state
• Reside in greater Portland, Oregon or Washington metropolitan area or be willing to relocate
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0q31f/
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0q31f/