Post Date: 03/15/2019
Close Date: 09/01/2019
Are you looking for a rewarding summer job—one where you get to work with kids and gain valuable resume-building skills? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you!
UCP Oregon is one of the 100 best non-profit employers in Oregon, and we’re currently seeking several “Summer Children’s Support Professionals” who will work with some unique kids who experience disabilities. You’ll get to make a difference everyday by supporting kids in attending camps, summer classes, and engaging community outings.
Note: This job is ideal for college students that are seeking a rewarding and skill-building position.
Why This Job Is Great:
• We have work available in lots of areas, such as Beaverton, Clackamas, Gresham, and Portland.
• We have many different hours available, such as days, evenings and/or weekends. You’ll probably average around 20-40 hours a week.
• You’ll gain valuable resume-building skills such as learning how to implement behavior support plans, using alternative communication devices and assistive technology, and supporting kids to develop communication and social-emotional skills.
• You’ll have the opportunity to plan and participate in engaging recreational and community activities that help kids learn social, cognitive, and motor skills.
• Some kids may need assistance with personal hygiene and others might need emotional or behavioral support. You’re also required to complete minimal progress notes.
• You will need to be available to attend UCP’s training classes on either 5/6 & 5/7, 5/20 & 5/21, or 6/3 & 6/4 and complete CPR/First Aid training if you are not currently certified for children (UCP will pay for all of these trainings). If unavailable during those times, you could potentially attend training on 6/17 & 6/18.
• Our Summer CSP staff can begin as early as May 29th and go through to the end of August or September 2019.
• Please indicate in your cover letter which training days you are available, if you have current CPR/First Aid training, and your potential start and end date for this position.
• $12.29 per hour.
• Eligible for overtime pay.
• High school diploma or GED.
• At least one year of experience working with children or providing support to individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Non-driving applicants—must be at least 18 years old.
Drivers preferred—if choosing to drive for UCP, you must be at least 21 years old, have a current driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least three years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Summer Children’s Support Professional” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• Please indicate in your cover letter your preference in terms of the days of the week, start and end times each day, and the number of hours you’re interested in working. We cannot guarantee that we can fulfill your preferences so please let us know all the hours that you are available to work each week.
• UCP Oregon is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP Oregon at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/9327B21FEA