Post Date: 11/22/2018
Close Date: 12/10/2018
The Oregon Community Foundation
Fund Services Associate
Since 1973 The Oregon Community Foundation’s (OCF) mission has been to improve lives for all Oregonians through the power of philanthropy. We work with individuals, families, businesses and organizations to create charitable funding that supports the critical work that nonprofits are doing across Oregon. With a growing endowment nearing $2 billion, OCF has become one of the nation’s largest community foundations, awarding more than $109 million last year in grants and scholarships. We are a non-profit organization with headquarters in Portland and regional offices in Bend, Eugene, Salem, and Medford, Oregon
We have an immediate opening for a full time (35 hours per week) Fund Services Associate. The Associate is responsible for entry of fund and contribution data into the Foundation’s database; generating letters and reports relating to donations, new funds and deferred gifts; and administrative support to the Finance and Fund Services Department.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• For new funds and change, track required documents and obtain missing information. Enter data into the database and initiate workflows. Maintain files and records for new and deferred funds.
• Generate and mail fund acknowledgement letters and related materials to donors and their professional advisors.
• Perform regular maintenance and generate reports using the database
• Track changes and modifications arising in funds and prepare information for key stakeholders.
• Monitor brokerage account and liquidate gifts of securities, compile supporting documentation, such as share prices and trade confirmations, and prepare stock contribution worksheet.
• Process contributions and handle incoming checks and initiate appropriate workflows
• Provide support for the annual audit, general clerical support as needed to the department and Associate Vice President.
• As part of a backup team, perform duties as receptionist as needed during breaks.
Candidates are required to have the following:
• Two or more years of progressively responsible administrative office experience.
• Comfortable working with numbers.
• One-year experience using database and reports.
• High School or G.E.D.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, Internet
• Excellent customer service skills – provides service that is courteous and competent to convey trust and confidence. Works cooperatively with others and possess cultural agility skills necessary to work with diverse people and teams
• Strong oral and written communication skills – convey information clearly and effectively
• Able to read variety of legal documents and able to interpret and asses, use appropriate level of judgment to select appropriate process of action and facilitate workflow
• Excellent knowledge of administrative and clerical office procedures
• Keyboarding proficiency and accuracy
• Strong organizational skills ability to prioritize and manage several tasks efficiently, ability to meet multiple deadlines, and ability to quickly shift priorities
The pay rate for this position starts at $18.00 per hour. Our excellent benefit package includes generous paid time off, choice of medical and dental coverage, vision, outstanding 401k retirement plan, commuter and healthcare pre-tax savings accounts, employer paid disability and life. Employees have access to an Employee Assistance Plan, on-site yoga, fun staff activities, professional development opportunities, and much more.
Provide a resume and a cover letter with your application. Your cover letter should summarize how your work history meets the qualifications of the job and demonstrate your interest in this type of work. This position is posted on November 21, 2018 and will remain open until filled or until we have a sufficient pool of qualified candidates. Go to https://www.oregoncf.org/explore-ocf/careers to find out more and begin your application process.
OCF is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion, and strives to build a diverse workforce to promote effective work in partnership with all communities and population groups in Oregon. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants.