Post Date: 01/30/2020
Close Date: 03/06/2020
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a part-time temporary Grounds & Nursery Services Specialist 1 position. The salary is $14.00/hour. The hours for this position vary Monday – Friday, approximately 16 hours a week.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, goals, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance diversity and equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
• Seed, mow, irrigate, sweep, fertilize, top dress, edge, and maintain lawns.
• Plant, cultivate and maintain greenhouse plants.
• Assist with or prepare soil for planting seed, sod, turf, plants, trees and shrubs.
• Clean, service, sterilize and maintain tools and equipment.
• Use a variety of manual tools and equipment, such as rakes, hand edger’s, loppers, shovels, wheel barrows, weeding forks, hoes, pruning shears and pesticide sprayers.
• Assist in installation and repair of lawn sprinkler system components.
• May operate power and motorized equipment such as lawn mowers, edger’s, weed trimmers, backpack blowers and sweepers.
• Label plants and maintain records.
• Harvest, clean, treat and store seed.
• Assist in moving materials and supplies.
• One year of gardening or grounds keeping experience.
• Ability to perform heavy, outside work in inclement weather.
• Good communication skills, including oral and written skills.
• Ability to multi-task and take direction from multiple sources.
• Work within a flexible schedule.
• As a condition of employment, this position requires a background check be conducted on applicants prior to hiring.
Application Deadline: Open until filled
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Questions regarding the College's Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director for Equity and Diversity, Baird Administrative Building, (360) 992-2355.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133.
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
January 30, 2018
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php