Director of Diversity and Inclusion
Holland & Knight
Post Date: 01/23/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
We are a Firm where people truly believe in what they do and strive to achieve the highest standards of performance and success.
This position can be located at any of our U.S. offices. This position will develop, implement and support policies, programs, processes, and initiatives to further Holland & Knight LLP's commitment to diversity and inclusion (“D&I”) and its efforts to recruit, retain, develop and promote persons from traditionally under-represented groups. Reports to the firm’s Diversity Partner.
- Develop, implement and support policies, programs, processes, and initiatives to achieve the firm's goal of increasing the hiring, development, retention and promotion of attorneys from traditionally under-represented groups.
- Develop, implement and support policies, programs, processes, and initiatives to achieve the firm's goal of creating an inclusive workplace.
- Design and implement educational, awareness, and training programs. Coordinate with firm-wide leaders to ensure alignment and consistency of programs across all offices.
- Develop content for and maintain D&I communication materials and presentations for internal and external use.
- Collaborate with firm-wide committees, firm leadership, Recruiting, HR, and Marketing Departments to promote and implement D&I programs and initiatives.
- Work with the Diversity Partner, the Professional Development and Growth Partner, and the Chief Professional Development and Recruiting Officer to ensure that career development programs support the D&I goals of the firm.
- Manage and track key D&I metrics and develop analytics for measuring effectiveness of D&I programs. Periodically report data to firm leadership.
- Assist with completion of internal and external surveys, including client and industry surveys and RFPs.
- Provide resources, support, and guidance to the firm-wide Diversity Council, firm-wide affinity groups and local office diversity committees, including to conceptualize and organize events, provide administrative and programmatic support, and assist with research, communication, and event planning.
- Develop, implement, and support policies, programs, processes, and initiatives that enhance the firm's reputation as a D&I leader.
- Establish and maintain relationships with external organizations, including affinity bar organizations, professional associations and student associations.
- Other reasonably-related duties and tasks as may be assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in diversity, inclusion, or career development initiatives at the organizational or firm level.
- Legal practice background preferred.
- Experience working in a large law firm, company, or organization with 1000+ employees, including with senior management, preferred.
- Understanding of organizational psychology and change management principles preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to D&I and related workplace issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Strong interpersonal, consensus-building and teamwork skills; collaborative approach to working with others.
- Proficient at multitasking, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated problem solving, analytical and fact-finding abilities.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential topics with a high degree of professionalism.
- Travel to the firm’s 28 offices may be required.
- Bacehlor’s degree required.
- JD is a plus.
Complete details: https://hklaw.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Holland_Knight/job/Miami/Director-of-Diversity-and-Inclusion_R1869