Post Date: 12/21/2018
Close Date: 01/31/2019
Under general supervision and in collaboration with other members of the health care team, uses clinical judgment skills to diagnose and treat human responses to actual or potential health problems. The RN is responsible for assessing, planning, directing, providing and evaluation nursing care for patients and coordinating nurses care activities with other health care disciplines.
• Performs accurate multi-system assessments, including: biophysical, psychosocial, environmental, self-care, education needs and discharge planning needs.
• Identifies deviations from normal on routine lab diagnostic tests.
• Reassesses patient throughout hospitalization.
• Performs complete discharge assessment.
• Develops an individual nursing plan of care.
• Nursing plan of care is sensitive to the developmental needs of the patient.
• Coordinates patient care activities and discharge planning with other hospital and clinic departments and community agencies.
• Develops patient teaching plan and documents on care plan or teaching plan.
• Appropriately delegates patient care activities based on patient's condition and scope of practice of other health care providers.
• Establishes priorities for patient care.
• Classifies acuity level of assigned patients.
• Initiates appropriate measures based on protocol for the management of the medical and/or surgical patient.
• Bases nursing care on protocol in place for management of each patient.
• Correctly carries out the physician's plan of care.
• Accurately documents in the EMR.
• Documents care according to policy and procedure.
• Utilizes a multidisciplinary approach when appropriate.
• Performs all necessary procedures correctly.
• Utilizes available teaching plans in addressing patient teaching needs.
• Accurately calculates and administers medications.
• Initiates appropriate measures in emergency situations.
• Evaluates assessment methods, plan of care, and patient's response to treatment.
• Participates in unit quality assurance activities.
• Nine (9) months of RN experience.
• One (1) year recent ICU nursing experience or upon successful completion of the Kaiser ICU cross-training program.
• Drug calculation experience.
• Experience in Cardiac Rhythm Recognition.
• Graduate of an accredited nursing program.
License, Certification, Registration
• Current Oregon RN License upon hire.
• NIHSS certification required within three (3) months of hire/transfer.
• American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers CPR with AED.
• ACLS at hire/transfer.
• Computer keyboarding skills.
• Previous health care experience preferred.
• Two (2) years of recent ICU nursing experience preferred.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing or a related field preferred.
• CCRN preferred.
• Dialysis, SLED or equivalent preferred.
Apply Online: https://www.kaiserpermanentejobs.org/
Complete details: Job Number 753346