Post Date: 06/23/2020
Close Date: 07/15/2020
Lead Milieu Counselor
Job Req #1166
Seeking to hire a Lead Milieu Counselor to provide leadership and training to Milieu Counselor staff at the program and supervise the youth in our care. This is a lead position that aids the Milieu Supervisor and other management staff. It’s an ideal role for those who have experience mentoring and teaching daily living life skills to youth in a residential setting and are seeking to acquire more responsibility.
Lead Milieu Counselors support the program mission in the following ways:
• Provide support to the Milieu Supervisor; serves as an example to MC’s regarding program/ORR policies and interactions with youth.
• Serve as main point of contact if Milieu Supervisor is not on shift.
• Plan and coordinate activities for the clients, coordinating staff coverage and duties, ordering needed supplies needed, etc.
• Collaborate with Milieu Supervisors to address and resolve issues related to the milieu
• Communicates effectively with outside providers to ensure cooperative and supportive working relations and coordination of client services, as needed.
• Tracks individual behavior plan progress, as needed
About the Program
Staff Secure: Is a 16- bed residential facility for adolescent males. The program maintains stricter security measures, such as higher staff to client ratio for supervision. This placement is for youth who require close supervision but do not need placement in a secure facility.
Schedule: Wednesday - Saturday; Four 10-hours shifts with 3 days off per week!
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical background for the person who can fulfill the duties of this position is as follows:
• At least 21 years of age
• High School Diploma
• Minimum of 1 year employment experience in the child welfare field working with children and/or adolescents in a social service setting.
• Basic computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, data
• Bi-lingual in Spanish and English, written, read and verbal strongly preferred
• One-year experience supervising staff
• Residential experience
• Knowledge of adolescent developmental issues, trauma, abuse and neglect, substance abuse and dependence, delinquency, peer influence, and related group and individual interventions.
• Must be 21 years of age
• Must remain awake during shift
• Must me agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Range:
Lead Milieu Counselors: $15.20-$16.16
Lead Milieu Counselors (Bilingual: Spanish): $16.57-$17.62
$0.50/hr for overnight shift differential! Applies to hours worked between 11:30pm-7:00am
***must work at least three hours during 11:30pm-7:00pm, time-frame to receive differential.
$1/hr for swing shift differential! Applies to hours worked between 3:00pm-11:00pm
***must work at least three hours during 3:00pm-11:00pm, time-frame to receive differential.
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
•Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for all of our clients
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through another website without enabled links please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Lead Milieu Counselor” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Lead Milieu Counselor
Not the right fit, or not yet ready to apply?
Join our Talent Community! We'll keep you updated on positions that fit your skill set and interest!
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded.
No Phone Calls Please
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/lead-milieu-counselor-paso/