Post Date: 03/07/2019
Close Date: 04/15/2019
Bilingual Skills Trainer
Full-Time, Full Benefits
The Skills Trainer is responsible for providing behavioral and vocational support, as well as training; in a culturally competent manner to youth in the Group Home program. The ideal candidate will be committed to trauma-informed care and will collaborate with other staff members to provide support to adolescent youth who have experienced complex trauma.
Primary duties and Responsibilities:
• Supervises clients and provides skill building activities in a residential setting, that may include classroom settings, recreational outings, educational and community activities as well as activities in the foster home.
• Provides a safe environment for the clients, including therapeutically interacting with clients and setting clear expectations for appropriate behaviors.
• Provides on-going behavioral skill building for identified minors according to their treatment plan or behavioral plan.
About the Program:
Our Long Term Group Home provides services to up 20 adolescents at one time (ages 15-17 years old) in a co-ed residential facility setting. The youth, typically from Latin America and occasionally other countries live in our Long-Term Group Home, while they await family reunification or other placement options. They attend public school and other community activities.
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 40-hour work week.
Perks and Benefits: Extensive benefit package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. Company provided Life and Long-Term Disability. Paid vacation and sick time. Access to employee resource groups and much more!
Education and Experience Requirements:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• One-year experience working with adolescents
• Bi-lingual in English and Spanish required
• Intermediate computer skills
• 4-year college degree in social services or a related field required strongly preferred
• Prior experience with adolescents in a school, behavioral or mental health setting is preferred
• Prior experience with diverse populations
• Prior experience with developing vocational training programs.
• Advanced training in trauma responses, including depression, anxiety and maladaptive behaviors preferred.
• Pass a DHS criminal history background
• Meet agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Range:
Bilingual (Spanish) Skills Trainer: $16.65-$17.03
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
Click here to apply:
***If viewing job through Indeed.com or Glassdoor go to: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Bilingual Skill Trainer” and click: “APPLY NOW!”
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/bilingualskillstrainer/