Post Date: 03/06/2020
Close Date: 04/01/2020
Special Project, Full-Time
26 Positions Available, Scheduled to work 40 hours per week June 2020 – August 2020.
Looking for more experience in classroom teaching? Come join the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry! This position is responsible for all aspects of the presentation of science classes. You’ll also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science, technology and design, and weave a thriving innovation district into the fabric of Portland, that spreads opportunities across the Northwest.
What you’ll do:
• Develop or modify curriculum.
• Prepare classroom to provide a stimulating learning environment.
• Work cooperatively with instructors, assistants, volunteers, and coordinators.
• Communicate with diverse audiences and present lively and entertaining science programs.
• Present organized, interesting, and enthusiastic science lessons based on prepare curriculum or self-produced material.
• Encourage students’ natural curiosity by allowing time for student exploration.
• Arrange classroom before and after class.
• Communicate regularly with instructors, parents and coordinators, and program manager.
What you’ll need:
• Working knowledge of (and demonstrated enthusiasm for) either educational or scientific disciplines.
• Strong interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
• Specific experience related to class topics.
• Excellent organizational skills with attention to details
• Visual, perceptual, cognitive and judgment ability in order to recognize and respond appropriately to safety and security issues.
• Ability to follow basic instructions.
• Professional communication skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Good attention to detail.
• Excellent coordination and project management skills.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Understanding of confidentiality and protocol.
• Bachelor Degree in either education or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Minimum one year of teaching experience.
• Working knowledge of current state of Oregon educational curriculum standards.
• Minimum 2 years of teaching experience or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Minimum 1 year of informal experience in teaching informal science education.
• Pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Current CPR and first aid certification required (training can be provided at cost to the employee).
• $31,886 - $40,830 per year, depending on experience.
• Competitive health benefits.
Want to join the OMSI team? Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/423645.html to learn more and apply!
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/423645.html