Post Date: 01/10/2020
Close Date: 01/31/2020
PT (3 to 5 hours per week)
Our Beaverton Outpatient Services program is looking for energetic and creative individuals who enjoy working with children. Childcare Workers supervise and facilitate activities for youth while parents/guardians participate in parenting and organizational support groups hosted by Morrison Child and Family Services.
Our Childcare Workers create a nurturing and safe space for children by:
Creating fun and engaging activities for children such as arts and crafts!
Serving children health snacks
Actively monitoring the children and youth to ensure safety of all participants
Our Childcare Workers work in school setting and in a team environment. We have 4 Open Positions! Groups run for 12-14 weeks, the next group session is starting soon!
Program: Outpatient Services
Schedule: Hiring for Mon-Thurs evening hours. Typical shifts are 5pm-8pm. Each group runs one day a week.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Previous experience working with children
• We consider education, training, experience and demonstrated skills
• Fluent in the Spanish language including the ability to read, write and speak
• Prior experience working with children in a structured setting
• Must be at least 16 years of age
• Must pass a DHS criminal history background
• Pass and maintain CPR and Standard First Aid Certification
Child Care Worker: $12-50-$13.29
Child Care Worker Bilingual: $13.63-$14.49
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence - being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence - managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning - respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy - shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication - saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility - everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change - creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
Click here to apply!
If viewing job through Indeed.com go to https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Childcare Work”, then click Apply for Job
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
No Phone Calls Please
The position will remain open until enough qualified applicants have responded.
We Strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position