Post Date: 03/23/2020
Close Date: 04/22/2020
We're looking for a talented Accounts Payable Manager with 3-5 years of AP leadership experience to join our Accounting team. Perks of the job include a 20% employee discount and awesome coworkers!
Position Title: Accounts Payable Manager
Department: Finance / Accounting
Supervisory Responsibility: Supervises Accounts Payable staff.
Reports To: Controller
FLSA Classification | Exempt
Position Description: The Accounts Payable Manager leads and motivates Accounts Payable staff members and increases department efficiency. Is responsible for overseeing all aspects of general A/P recording, disbursements and reporting, troubling shooting payments and vendor inquiries and ensuring adequate internal controls are maintained.
Focuses on optimizing department processes and building lasting relationship with others within and outside of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands, models and instills company culture. Communicates a clear vision. Influences, motivates and inspires others. Builds community within and outside of New Seasons Market.
- Delivers exceptional service and demonstrates friendly and attentive behaviors with internal and external customers.
- Embraces and guides others through change and continuous improvement.
- Builds trust and respect through dependability, organization and follow through.
- Communication style is professional, confident, informative, adaptive, and utilizes active listening skills.
- Develops strong internal partnerships and contributes to a positive and collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrates adaptability, flexibility and creativity in problem-solving and is solutions-oriented.
- Utilizes strategic thinking, data and industry knowledge, and calculated risk-taking to create competitive advantage.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task and manage own time. Adjusts priorities, productivity, efficiency and speed based on needs of department.
- Demonstrates self-awareness and seeks opportunities for professional growth. Seeks and responds positively to feedback.
- Promotes opportunities for the professional growth of others.
- Observes all rules and policies as listed in the company Staff Handbook, Operations Manual, and any other official company document or manual.
- Acts as a steward of company resources and Vision/Mission/Values by modeling and promoting sustainable behaviors/operations.
- Oversees the daily activities of the accounts payable team and ensure all invoices are inputted, coded correctly, approved appropriately, and paid within a timely manner.
- Supervises, motivates, and mentors a high performing team as well as monitors and evaluates performance of employees through an ongoing performance review process.
- Develops and maintains regular KPIs of accounts payable processes.
- Oversees documentation of internal controls and segregation of duties as well as all Accounts Payable SOPs to ensure consistent & repeatable processes. Keep informed about the latest developments and best practices in Accounts Payable.
- Supports team in resolving payment related issues that are escalated, which will include research and problem-solving activities.
- Provides continuous training to the Accounts Payable staff and sets expectations of continued technical growth. Sets all staff up for internal growth within the organization.
- Cross-trains employees to ensure coverage and proper delegation.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and drives change to processes and systems in the areas of accounts payable, vendor management, and expense reporting.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders throughout the organization in order to facilitate teamwork across all departments.
- Subject matter expert for all A/P processes and acts as main point of contact for escalated issues from other departments and vendors.
- Ensures balance sheet account reconciliations are performed timely and accurately.
- Ensures timely annual reporting of Form 1099s.
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Adheres to work and food safety policies set forth by the company and regulatory agencies.
- Contributes to all-office cleanliness.
- Maintains equipment; informs department/office management of any problems.
- Reports all safety concerns and work related injuries to management.
This position may be required to use the following tools and equipment: office equipment, computer, printer, and scanner.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the ADA Amendments Act of 2008, and other applicable state or local law, we will make reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 – 8 years of Accounts Payable experience required, with minimum of 3 – 5 years in a leadership level role.
- Strong working knowledge of Accounting related to Accounts Payable processing.
- Previous experience with ERP AP systems, as well as 1099 filing required.
- Previous retail or food / beverage industry experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related fields or equivalent experience required.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint, with skills to learn new computer programs and systems. Advanced proficiency with Excel and strong database knowledge.
- Collaborative, strategic thinker and problem solver, with a demonstrated ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with ability to respond to urgent job responsibilities as they arise and flexible when priorities redirect.
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze information and processes.
- Solid background in process improvement, project management and execution of company initiatives.
- Ability to set standards, measure results and coach teams to high performance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Light work level
- Frequently required to sit, walk, reach and grasp.
- Occasionally required to stand, bend, twist and turn, lift and carry 1-20 pounds, lift 21-50 pounds, push and/or pull 1-50 pounds.
- Includes working in an office environment and occasionally in a variety of off-site environments, which may include working in refrigerated areas and on surfaces than can be wet and slippery.
- Typically maintains a moderate noise level.
- Working with exposure to dust, mold, gluten, fragrances and other fumes and airborne particles, fresh fruits, vegetables, house plants, and flowers.
- Occasionally working near and using common commercial cleaning agents and chemicals.
Important Notice: The job duties, responsibilities, requirements and conditions, physical requirements and work environment listed in this job description are examples of the tasks that a staff member may be required to perform. New Seasons Market reserves the right to revise the job description at any time and to require staff members to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of business change.