Post Date: 10/30/2019
Close Date: 11/17/2019
The Washington County Juvenile Department works with youth referred by law enforcement agencies for delinquency allegations and status offenses. We embrace our statutory mandate for a balanced juvenile justice system that responds to the harm caused to victims, works with youth offenders to address that harm, teaches youth skills to be successful and keeps our community safe. We are committed to collaborating with our community partners, utilizing evidence-based principles, continually working toward being a trauma-informed work environment and embracing equitable and inclusive practices. We are a group of passionate and creative staff that value teamwork, integrity and excellence.
What's in it for you:
• Rewarding work in a dynamic, collaborative and productive environment.
• Colleagues who are passionate about public service.
• Work/life balance, generous vacation, 10 paid holidays a year, and a competitive benefits package.
• Advancement and learning opportunities that will help grow your career with Washington County.
• Live, work, and play in Washington County, Oregon.
Here's what you will do:
As the Assistant Director for Juvenile Services you will assist in planning, managing, directing and coordinating activities and operations of the Department. In this role, the successful candidate will assume responsibility for department oversight in the absence of the Director of Juvenile Services. Furthermore, this role will assist the Director in the development, implementation, and evaluation of all department operations and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Possession of a Bachelor's Degree in counseling, social work, social science, criminal or juvenile justice, psychology, or a related field; AND
• Eight (8) years of increasingly responsible experience, of which six (6) years of experience must be in a supervisory or management capacity providing leadership, administration, development, implementation, and evaluation of department services; OR
• Possession of a Master's Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in counseling, social work, social sciences, criminal or juvenile justice, psychology, or a related field; AND
Six (6) years of increasingly responsible experience, of which four (4) years of experience must be in a supervisory or management capacity providing leadership, administration, development, implementation, and evaluation of department services.
The application period for this position is from October 26, 2019 to November 17, 2019.
Pay range is $9,753.01 to $12,443.76 per month.
For a more detailed information on these positions and to apply on-line, please visit our Jobs Page at www.washcojobs.org, or
Washington County Human Resources
155 N. First Ave., Ste. 270
Hillsboro, OR 97124
Washington County offers employees a collaborative culture, work-life balance, and a comprehensive benefits package. Working within Washington County provides daily opportunities to serve and build communities now and into the future. We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Women, minorities, veterans and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: www.washcojobs.org