Post Date: 09/17/2019
Close Date: 10/31/2019
Full-Time, Full- Benefits
Seeking a Case Manager to provides case management to the adolescent youth. The Case Manager is responsible for overseeing the youth progress through the program, maintaining service plans and treatment progress reports, accessing support resources for youth, and coordination and communication with youth’s family and support team. This position will work from a residential facility.
The ideal candidate will have prior knowledge of child welfare Federal, State and agency regulations. Must be tactful and able to exercise discretion; and will be comfortable working in a diverse environment with a variety of people. Strong organization skills and the ability to communicate effectively are crucial to being successful in this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:e
• Meets with individual youth on a weekly basis to review tracking and milieu goals; and completes regular treatment updates and provides them to legal guardian
• Works collaboratively with program staff to develop resources and strengthen both the therapeutic experience while in care and the transition and post-services programming
• Ensures that relevant documentation is in accordance with agency requirements; and maintains confidentiality when gathering, documenting, consulting or consolidating information necessary for the case management assessment and the plan of care
• Along with the clinical staff, maintains regular contact with each client, the client’s family, and established service providers to communicate case planning and progress. System of Care collaboration includes law enforcement, Juvenile Justice, Child Welfare, advocacy groups, providers, survivors, family, community advisories, coalitions from communities of color, OHA, and faith-based communities.
• Gathers historical and current data relative to completion of a comprehensive case management assessment including, but not limited to, school records, medical records, mental health treatment, legal status and court involvement, social and family strengths and needs, support systems, and specific cultural issues
SAGE is a 12-bed residential program designed to support and treat females identifying youth ages 11 to 16, who are survivors of Commercial Sexual Exploitation. Services include intensive mental health treatment services, physical health services, milieu treatment and safe housing, on site education and development of safe health supports in the community. SAGE services are holistic and collaborative, trauma informed and aimed at breaking the destructive cycles of trauma and abuse and supporting the development of each individual youth.
Education and Work Experience:
• A bachelor’s degree in the behavioral sciences, or related equivalent or combination of experience and education.
• Basic computer skills using word processing, spreadsheets, databases and email.
• At least 1 year working with high risk youth, in community or residential setting
• Must pass a criminal background check
• Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
• Child welfare and/or child protective service experience preferred
• Must pass a DHS criminal background check
• Must meet agency driving requirements
Starting Pay Range:
Case Manager $19.00 - $20.22
Bilingual (Spanish) Case Manager $20.71 - $22.03
Morrison Child and Family Services is a non-profit organization that provides a comprehensive array of services to children, adolescents, and their families. As an agency Morrison, its team members, and clients commit to the following values of trauma-informed care:
• Nonviolence – being safe and doing the right thing
• Emotional Intelligence – managing our feelings so we don’t hurt ourselves or others
• Social Learning – respecting and sharing ideas of our teams
• Democracy – shared decision making whenever possible
• Open Communication – saying what we mean and not being mean when we say it
• Social Responsibility – everyone makes a contribution to the organizational culture
• Growth and Change – creating hope for our clients and ourselves
Visit our website to learn more about mission and history and our strategy for accomplishing our goal of achieving significant, positive, and long-term clinical outcomes for the clients we serve.
External Candidate Process: Click here to apply:
*** External candidates, if viewing job through a job board without enabled links please visit: https://www.morrisonkids.org/careers/openpositions/ and select the job title “Case Manager - SAGE ” and click: “Apply for Job”
Internal Candidate Process: Current Morrison employees, please visit our Internal Career Center by logging in Workforce Now ADP and following this path: Myself > Talent > Career Center > Case Manager
To be considered for this position you must follow this application procedure.
No phone calls please
Position Open Until Enough Qualified Applicants Have Responded
We strive to Create a Diverse, Inclusive environment to Better Serve our Clients.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://morrisonkids.org/job/case-manager-sage/