Post Date: 06/28/2019
Close Date: 07/31/2019
Are you looking for an awesome job where you get to make a difference every day? If so, UCP Oregon might have the perfect job for you!
UCP Oregon is an exciting and empowering place to work. We help adults who experience developmental disabilities to live the life of their dreams—whether that’s living independently, working in a great job, or pursuing their interests and hobbies. We’re consistently ranked as one of the 100 Best Non-profit Employers in Oregon.
We’re currently seeking a caregiver “Personal Assistant” who will support a woman who lives in her own house in Milwaukie and experiences developmental disabilities. She is an energetic, enthusiastic woman with a great sense of humor. She is eager to work with a “Personal Assistant” who enjoys having lots of fun. Together, you will go on trips, explore her very cool neighborhood, go bowling, and play games such as UNO.
You will also work together on household chores, cooking, and running errands. She needs assistance with showering, taking medications, eating, and transferring from her wheelchair.
You’ll work two shifts per week, totaling 40 hours per week: 5pm on Tuesday to 4pm on Wednesday (a 23-hour shift) and 5pm on Thursday to 10am on Friday (a 17-hour shift). *You’ll also work your regular hours on Agency holidays.
• $12.50 per hour. Annual wage increase based on satisfactory performance.
• Eligible for overtime pay for hours worked over 40 hours per week.
• Holiday pay (double pay for the first 12 hours of any agency holiday shift that you work).
• Great medical, vision, prescription, and alternative care coverage (including massage therapy and naturopathy) for employee, spouse/domestic partner, and children.
• 3 weeks of paid time off, rising to 4 weeks after 5 years of service at UCP.
• 401k retirement plan with up to 3% employer match.
• Mileage reimbursement if choosing to drive for UCP.
• Fun, casual work environment, with lots of opportunities for advancement and growth, at one of the top-ranked non-profits in Oregon.
• Must be at least 18 years old.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Be able to pass our pre-hiring screenings, including a reference check, a physical with a lifting test of 50lbs, and a criminal history background check.
• Drivers preferred—if you drive for UCP you must be at least 21 years old (a requirement of our auto insurance program), have a valid driver’s license, a reliable personal vehicle, at least 3 years of driving experience, auto insurance, and a relatively clean driving record.
• Experience in the developmental disability field preferred, but not required.
• It’s easy to apply! Visit http://www.ucpaorwa.org/careers.html and look for the “Caregiver for Fun-loving, Social Woman (Milwaukie)” job opening. Then answer a few fast questions and send a resume and cover letter.
• UCP is an equal opportunity employer, and actively seeks applicants from diverse backgrounds. Find out more about UCP at: http://www.ucpaorwa.org/.
Complete details: https://www.workable.com/j/69D5A68461