Post Date: 11/11/2019
Close Date: 12/11/2019
Director of Development
$75,000 - $90,000 per year
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is looking for a Director of Development. This position will oversee the individual giving team and lead annual, capital and planned giving for the organization. You will be part of a high-performing development team with a strong track record and an organization that stands on the doorstep of major transformation and growth. The Director of Development reports to the Vice President of Development and works closely with the President, OMSI Board, and Director of Institutional Giving. We are looking for an experienced development professional who wants to be part of driving change and growth at one of Oregon’s most beloved organizations. You should have a strong understanding of local philanthropy, experience with developing strategies for individual giving, and a passion for serving our community. In joining the OMSI team, you also participate in OMSI’s vision to ignite an education transformation at the intersection of science and technology that spreads educational opportunities across the Northwest.
• Strong interest in and passion for OMSI’s mission and vision.
• Working knowledge/understanding of the Portland philanthropic community.
• Proven success in achieving results, particularly with soliciting and closing major gifts, and building and implementing multi-faceted fundraising programs.
• Ability to effectively manage and track multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize, work well under pressure with a high degree of accuracy, and meet stringent and overlapping deadlines.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Record of successful career growth leading to significant management responsibilities
• Minimum 5 years of experience in fundraising individual gifts, major gifts or management.
• Minimum 5 years of progressive program management, including staff supervision, multiple project management, and budget responsibility.
• Pass pre-employment checks, such as criminal background check and reference checks.
• Competitive health benefits.
• Vacation, Personal Days, Sick Days, and Holiday pay!
• Free OMSI annual membership
• Reciprocal Employee Attractions Pass – Valid for two free general admissions to 21 Oregon attractions.
We invite all applicants interested in influencing the community and our future generations to join our team.
To learn more or apply, visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/393445.html.
Position closes December 11, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/393445.html