Post Date: 02/15/2019
Close Date: 03/30/2019
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens
TITLE: Safety Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: This position will provide professional support and work collaboratively with the Risk Management (RM) team, CCC Programs, and Departments to provide coordination of the Workplace Safety program. They will lead the monitoring and continued development of CCCs Workplace Safety programs in addition to various other tasks associated with Compliance and Risk.
1. AA degree or an equivalent combination of relevant skills and experience.
2. Three (3) years of experience working in the safety/public safety field required.
3. Proficient in general business computer applications (Microsoft Office).
4. Experience with databases strongly preferred.
5. Will be required to carry an agency cell phone for work use, and be available to carry 24
hour on-call cell phone (on a rotation). Cell phone to be provided by Central City Concern.
6. If in recovery, must be currently clean and sober.
7. Knowledge of de-escalation methods or ability to be trained in de-escalation methods.
8. Must possess a current driver’s license, access to a vehicle, qualify as an Acceptable Driver
as designated in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety policy. Must pass an initial drivers
training within 60 days of being an approved driver and continued re-certification
training. Must maintain vehicle insurance coverage of a minimum of $100,000/$300,000
personal auto liability coverage.
9. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
10. Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects. Able to
climb stairs several times a day.
11. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies
12. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds,
religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles and sexual orientations,
and treat individuals with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran's status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs