Post Date: 05/08/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Program Support Supervisor 2 – Nursing
Clark College is currently accepting applications for a permanent classified, Nursing Program Support Supervisor 2. This position provides administrative support to the Associate Dean of Health Sciences & the Nursing Department Chair and supervises designated classified staff within the nursing program administrative team. This is a key role in ensuring that program operations and other administrative work supports the needs of the nursing program. This position starts August 1, 2019.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, core themes, and objectives of the college. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide administrative support to the Associate Dean of Health Sciences and Nursing Department Chair with program updates, written reports, calendar management, travel and related budget support.
• Assist in planning, implementing, and evaluating nursing program operational policies; devise and implement new procedures to facilitate administration nursing program operations.
• Develop information to support budgetary requests; project income and expenditures required to maintain program activities for multiple budgets; administer multiple program budgets; maintain records regarding funds.
• Coordinate program administrative functions with college departments to accomplish program activities and operational goals.
• Establish work priorities in collaboration and consultation with Associate Dean of Health Sciences and Nursing Department Chair to ensure proficiency of operations, including meeting key deadlines.
• Supervise classified staff, which includes interviewing and selection of applicants, training new employees, assigning and scheduling work, acting upon leave requests, and approving of timesheets, conducting performance evaluations, and recommending disciplinary action, if needed. Provide support and supervision of nursing program coordinator and program assistant.
• Coordinate and/or provide administrative support for events and special projects as assigned, including workshops, nursing pinning ceremony and faculty meetings.
• Assist with special projects or initiatives, as needed and assigned.
• Attend meetings and participate in college related activities.
• Work effectively with students, faculty, staff and community partners.
• Perform related duties as required.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Experience: Three years of applicable and progressively responsible experience in an administrative role supporting a nursing or health related program or equivalent education/experience.
• Experience: Budget management
• Computer Skills: strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite or comparable software/systems.
• Experience using Procure or other budget related software/programs.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work effectively, independently and in a team environment.
• Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of students, faculty, staff, and patients.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Self-directed with ability to problem solve complex challenges and seeks/acts on opportunities to improve, streamline, and re-invent work processes and is receptive to new ideas. Ability to produce accurate and timely work with minimal supervision.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Ability/endurance to sit for prolonged, extensive, or considerable time.
• Occasional reaching/stooping/bending/kneeling/crouching.
• Ability to communicate using verbal and/or written skills for accurate exchange of information with faculty, staff, professionals, students, and the public.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding job assignments and sensitive issues.
• Flexibility and adaptability in dynamic environment; able to work evenings/weekends on as needed basis.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
• This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $3249/month Range: 44 Code: 107Q
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Required application materials must be completed and submitted online by 3 p.m., May 30, 2019
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
o Give two examples that best demonstrate your ability to plan, organize and prioritize assignments/projects/events requiring a high degree of accuracy, collaboration, and attention to detail.
o Explain how you develop and maintain supportive and effective relationships in the work environment.
o Describe your skills and experience in directing the work of others to achieve workplace goals.
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
April 7, 2019
Complete details: www.clark.edu/jobs