Post Date: 03/15/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary is a congregation of Catholic Sisters and Associates who are dedicated to the full development of the human person through education, social justice, contemplation and the arts.
SUMMARY: The Executive Assistant provides high level administrative support to the Manager of Educational Ministries. The person in this role collaborates with the Manager to provide services to decision-makers involved with the Educational Ministries Office, SNJM leadership, Corporate Members, and the nine ministries. Maintains permanent corporate records related to the ministries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Collaborates with the Manager of Educational Ministries to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the office, especially when the Manager is traveling. In the Manager’s absence, exercises judgment in assessing and directing responses to ministry-related queries.
2. Assumes primary administrative responsibility for production, retention, disposal and storage of corporate records and files for all Educational Ministries in accordance with relevant ministry articles, bylaws, and document retention policies and practices.
3. Maintains and updates database information on the Educational Ministries in order to compile reports and analyze data.
4. Collaborates with the Manager of Educational Ministries to:
a. Compile, analyze, and interpret ministries’ data in order to identify and track trends and to prepare reports for Members.
b. Help ministries organize, format and present data for strategic planning.
5. Works with the Manager of Educational Ministries to draft and/or finalize content of materials regarding mission, values, and charism and to maintain a system for sharing those documents with Corporate Members, ministry leaders and employees, ministry boards, and the public.
6. Develops, maintains, and tracks background information, corporate records, database entries and correspondence related to:
a. Actions taken by SNJM corporate Members of the ministries in relation to each ministry. (Examples: Approvals or acceptances of audits or budgets, approvals of potential additions to a ministry’s board, hirings/dismissals of key personnel, revisions of corporate articles and bylaws.)
b. The annual process of soliciting ministries’ requests for a variety of financial support.
7. Assists with planning, organizing, and executing physical or virtual meetings and events, including:
a. Working with the Manager to produce and distribute agendas, pre-meeting study materials, surveys, and collateral;
b. Setting up meeting spaces and technology, and coordinating with other departments to schedule lodging, local transportation and meals.
8. Provides written and graphic content and gives direction to Province graphic design staff to produce multimedia collateral material for projects, ministries, meetings and the web while ensuring the success of collaborative projects.
9. Prepares monthly credit card and expense records for the department and maintains up-to-date tracking of budgeted expenses for the oversight of the Manager.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
QUALIFICATIONS: The essential functions listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: Bachelor degree or equivalent experience.
Experience: Minimum of five years of experience, preferably in an administrative or executive assistant or comparable position, involving creation of a variety of written communications, development of database documents, creation of document management systems and other work of a project nature, relating to areas relevant to the job description. Preferred experience: Working with boards of trustees/directors.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Must be supportive of the mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary.
2. Must model SNJM Guiding Values in carrying out work activities and responsibilities.
3. Must be able to respect and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
4. Must possess excellent administrative skills, including advanced knowledge and technical proficiency with Microsoft Office suite. Prefer advanced proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, spreadsheet, database, and thorough knowledge of web/print technical requirements in general.
5. Must be able to:
a. Complete tasks with thoroughness, accuracy, and attention to detail.
b. Use electronic meeting, telephone, voicemail, conference call, email, online collaboration, and DocuSign systems accurately.
c. Maintain excellent interpersonal relations with leaders/board members of the Educational Ministries, SNJM leadership, Corporate Members, SNJM staff, and the public.
d. Maintain high ethical and professional standards.
e. Research, compile, analyze, and interpret data, and identify trends.
f. Research information related to boards of trustees/directors.
6. Must demonstrate:
a. Organizational skills.
b. Oral and written communication skills, including spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
c. Ability to meet deadlines and to prioritize and execute tasks with minimal supervision.
d. Ability to work independently while keeping the Manager of Educational Ministries and/or others informed on projects or assignments.
e. Flexibility and adaptability in the midst of change or when redirected.
f. Ability to use tact and good judgment in responding to a variety of personalities and situations.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered sedentary work and has a light degree of physical demands. Frequently sits while doing computer work. Occasionally lifts/carries up to 20 pounds of boxes and files and bends when retrieving files and moving reams of paper and pushes/pulls force of up to 20 pounds. Frequently uses fine finger manipulation while keyboarding.
HOURS: 40 hours per week. Occasional evenings and/or weekends as confirmed.
EQUIPMENT USED: Personal computer, multi-line telephone, voice mail, fax, copy/scanning machines, postage meter and other office equipment.
The above description generally reflects the primary functions of the position. The above statements shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be required for the position.
SNJM is committed to continually building a workplace that exemplifies its values and vision of being hospitable to everyone. The Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary (SNJM) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/dental, group life and disability coverage, a 401K plan, and paid time off.
To learn more about the mission and vision of the Sisters of the Holy Names visit: www.snjmusontario.org
To Apply: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at https://snjm.catsone.com/careers. Click “Apply Now” to complete and submit the online application