Post Date: 03/05/2020
Close Date: 04/03/2020
Catlin Gabel School seeks to employ the best qualified individuals from available applicants and to provide them with opportunity for advancement in a manner that does not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal equal employment opportunity laws or regulations.
The School believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the school’s success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications, and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his or her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Position Title: ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST
Department: BUSINESS OFFICE
FTE: 1.0 (Non-Exempt)
Reports to: CONTROLLER
This position is responsible for processing and paying all school bills, processing miscellaneous cash receipts and providing general support as needed in the business office.
• Review and process all invoices, reimbursement and other check requests for payment in a timely manner, ensuring that proper approval and support documentation has been obtained, vendor invoices are properly computed, and account distribution is correct. Enter all checks into accounting software and post to the general ledger system.
• Prepare departmental allocations of various school-wide invoices such as long distance and credit card charges.
• Prepare monthly allocation of miscellaneous charges including: postage, copier machine and UPS charges.
• File invoices and check copies into permanent AP file.
• Reimburse faculty/staff from cash register for small amounts.
• Complete required H.R. trainings each year (CPR, first aid, mandatory reporting, handling of hazardous materials, etc.)
• Take in and count money from lunchroom, fund-raising events, and other activities such as athletic events, theater productions, dances, class book orders, and food sales.
• Process cash receipts; prepare related general ledger posting and related bank deposit documentation, including development gifts.
• Balance cash register and prepare related journal entry monthly.
• Prepare and maintain an account summary for prepaid postage and miscellaneous prepaids.
• Reconcile this summary on a monthly basis and provide other account detail to the controller for review.
General Business Office Support
• Sort and distribute mail to the Business Office staff.
• Provides support to other Business Office positions.
• Orders business cards, stationary, and miscellaneous supplies.
• Other duties assigned by Controller.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent required. Accounting coursework at college level preferred. A minimum of two years previous accounts payable experience required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx. Applicants MUST apply via the provided link to be considered.
Complete details: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx