Post Date: 01/27/2020
Close Date: 02/23/2020
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East revitalizes neighborhoods, builds affordable and sustainable homes, and empowers families through successful homeownership. We believe that everyone deserves the opportunity to reach their full potential, and that starts with a stable and healthy place to call home. Founded in 1981, we have built and repaired homes in partnership with over 1,700 people right here in the Metro region. With plans to triple the number of people we serve every year, we’re invested in creating a Portland where everyone has the opportunity to build a better life.
We are currently seeking a Community Development Manager to join our team. This is a full-time, exempt position starting at $45,701-$57,127 annually, commensurate with experience. At Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East we offer a great benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; a matching retirement plan; and more!
The Community Development Manager leads the implementation of Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East’s programs and services that improve the quality of life in targeted neighborhoods and communities. This position assesses the development goals and housing needs of communities, evaluates the opportunities to work collaboratively with other organizations, and makes recommendations to leadership of the organization.
• Build, maintain, participate in, and strengthen strategic alliances and working partnerships with community-based organizations, community action groups, and local government departments
• Facilitate the process of entering into formal partnerships with other entities to meet community development goals
• Implement data collection and evaluation
• Coordinate with Living Cully partners on anti-displacement efforts in the neighborhood, replication of the collective impact model for use in other communities, and other signature projects
• Build relationships within communities where Habitat is and will be building, and identify new partnering opportunities
• Partner with development staff to provide input, conduct research, and assist in the writing and preparing of grant proposals related to neighborhood revitalization and neighborhood coalition building
• Identify emerging needs and issues that impact housing and propose appropriate responses and advocacy priorities
• Manage the organization’s participation in the Quality of Life Framework Learning Cohort
• Within Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East, develop an understanding of neighborhood revitalization, asset-based community development, and neighborhood-specific housing issues
• Serve as an articulate, enthusiastic, and visible spokesperson for the organization
• Create and sustain strong working partnerships with other members of the team while also contributing to the culture of teamwork and collaboration within the organization as a whole
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Commitment to serving low-income families and communities of color, and advancing the critical call for affordable homeownership
• Strong analytical, organizational, and planning skills as well as the ability to think strategically
• In-depth understanding of gathering and reporting on quantitative and qualitative research
• Ability to effectively work with, manage, and lead volunteers
• Multi-tasking expert; ability to manage various projects and deadlines; attention to detail a must
• Comfortable working in a collaborative environment, both as part of a team and independently
• Excellent written and oral communication skills; effective with diverse audiences
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Two years minimum experience in roles of increasing responsibility and leadership, or equivalent education and experience
• Proven success in community development or as a community organizer
• Experience working with low-income communities and communities of color in affordable housing or related issues
• Local knowledge of Portland neighborhoods
• Written and verbal fluency in Spanish, Russian, Vietnamese, Chinese, Somali, Burmese, Arabic, and/or Amharic
• Fast-paced, open, team-oriented, business casual office
• M-F 8:30am-4:30pm and weeknight/weekend work as necessary
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit the following application materials to Employment@HabitatPortlandMetro.org with “Community Development Manager” in the subject line:
1. Cover letter, including answers to the following questions:
----- Why are you interested in this position?
----- How have the experiences in your life prepared you for this position?
----- How did you hear about this position?
2. Resume, including dates of employment (month and year)
3. Three references, at least two professional
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position