Post Date: 04/01/2019
Close Date: 05/30/2019
Central City Concern’s (CCC) Blackburn Center is a new six-floor building in East Portland, Oregon (clinic and housing) that will give vulnerable people access to integrated housing, employment and health services, and provide support they need to stabilize and rebuild their lives.
CCC is hiring employees to help lift this project to national prominence. Known for innovative programming already, CCC now moves toward a first-of-its-kind operating model (including key changes such as centralized intake and integrated care teams) in a more diverse community and a landscape of new potential community partners. About 40 percent of East Portland’s population are immigrants and from communities of color. We strive to be a true reflection of the community and design our services and teams to achieve a culturally responsive place for our clients.
Our innovative, comprehensive services focuses on the whole person and their well-being. Our guiding principles drive this work to be:
• trauma informed
• integrated; in collaboration with community partners
• focused on diversity, equity and inclusion; and
• sustainable for long-term success.
Join us in this innovative and impactful work! CCC values lived experience and multilingual individuals in its hiring practices. Training and advancement opportunities are embedded in our culture and staff members support one another in their professional endeavors.
TITLE: Blackburn Clinic Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Blackburn Center
REPORTS TO: Blackburn Operations Director
SALARY: $17.00-$18.70, Hourly DOE
SCHEDULE: Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm
SUMMARY: The Blackburn Center is an innovative program that will offer integrated housing, health care, and employment services with the long term goal of eliminating homelessness. We seek to change how these services are delivered to all people, especially vulnerable populations.
This position will work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team at the Blackburn Center to deliver comprehensive, person-centered, integrated services to the Portland Eastside community. The Blackburn Clinic Coordinator provides administrative, clerical, project and office support to the management team of the Blackburn Center, as well as coordination of clinic staff needs at direction of management team.
1. Must have GED or High School diploma.
2. Must have at least two years administrative support experience in a medical or social service
3. Excellent computer skills and high proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
4. Must be able to type 35 wpm.
5. Must be able to work efficiently in a very fast paced environment.
6. Must have a high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
7. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living
conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
8. Must generally have the ability to walk, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift
heavy objects, and climb stairs with reasonable or no accommodation.
9. Bi-lingual Spanish speaking preferred.
10. Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, TB test, and background check.
11. Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
12. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds,
religious views, political affiliation, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations
and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.ccconcern.org/jobs