Post Date: 11/21/2018
Close Date: 12/07/2018
Clark College is currently accepting applications for the position of Student Recruitment and Retention Program Specialist to support the Automotive Department. This position is a full-time, permanent classified position responsible for recruiting, screening, enrolling, and retaining students for Clark College’s Dealer Ready Automotive programs. This position will work with Automotive faculty, local dealership management and local high schools to ensure a steady stream of qualified students are entering and succeeding in the Dealer Ready programs. The successful candidate will be professional, possess strong written and oral communication skills, and be able to develop and deliver persuasive presentations to groups of various sizes. Ability to work a flexible schedule is required.
Clark College is an equal opportunity employer. Protected group members are strongly encouraged to apply. Clark College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal. The college considers equal opportunity, affirmative action, and non-discrimination to be fundamental to the mission, Core themes, and objectives of the college. All faculty and staff hired at Clark College are encouraged to embrace, continually support and enhance social equity on our campus and in our community. Questions regarding the College’s Affirmative Action Policy may be directed to the Director of Human Resources, (360) 992-2105.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Collaborate with College personnel to develop and implement annual recruitment plans for the Dealer Ready Automotive programs.
• Develop and maintain relationships with local high schools (with and without current automotive programs) for recruiting purposes.
• Conduct interviews with prospective students and their families to ascertain technological readiness for careers in the automotive industry.
• Organize and execute recruitment events such as career fairs, on-campus program tours, as well as other events such as Prof-Tech Day and the annual Automotive Open House.
• Conduct outreach to targeted student groups such as student veterans and transitional studies students, and promote Credit for Prior Learning opportunities where applicable.
• Oversee and coordinate the internship placement of screened candidates, which includes providing job shadow opportunities.
• Maintain Customer Relationship Management system to track and follow up with prospect students and applicants through college enrollment steps.
• Coordinate with faculty for student advising sessions including development of educational plans, ensuring enrollment in G.E. classes, and completion of certification testing.
• Build relations with the college’s student support services and direct students appropriately for student success.
• Provide status reports and event summaries to department faculty and supervisor and external partners as required.
• Collaborate with key campus stakeholders including advising, financial aid, and enrollment services to ensure effective student matriculation.
• Partner with Communications and Marketing and various dealerships to create effective publications and maintain marketing information related to the Dealer Ready Automotive programs.
• Work to achieve and support diversity objectives as established by the college.
• Provide leadership in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Values established by the College, furthering Goals and Strategic Initiatives.
• Create a safe, bias-free working environment, which engenders respect for differences.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Position Requirements and Competencies:
Candidates will be evaluated based on application materials, including the supplemental questions and personal interview(s), and will be required to demonstrate competencies in the following areas:
• Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent education/experience. A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
• Experience: Three years sales experience required. Experience in the automotive industry and/or demonstrated knowledge of what is required to be successful in today’s repair environment is preferred.
• Computer Skills: Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as, the ability to use and maintain databases and various internet tools for student tracking.
• Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate with diverse groups and individuals; strong public speaking skills to large and small groups. Bilingual preferred.
• Coordination and Organization Skills: Ability to effectively coordinate activities, services, and schedules to ensure smooth and efficient operation of work with a strong attention to detail.
• Work Independently: Ability to work independently and accomplish duties with limited supervision in a timely manner.
• Ability to Travel: This position includes frequent (2-5x per week) travel to various recruiting activities. There is very little overnight travel, but must be able to drive long distances (more than one hour) to various sites.
• Ability to Work a Flexible Schedule: Due to the nature of the position and the need to meet with prospective students and their families, flexibility in schedule and the ability and willingness to work evenings and weekends is critical.
• Valid drivers’ license and clean driving record.
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and attention to detail.
Job Readiness/Working Conditions:
• Work as an effective member of the Dealer Ready program team.
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
• Ability to work well with people of all ages from academically, culturally, and socioeconomically diverse backgrounds.
• The initial appointment will include a 6-month probationary period and the employee will earn permanent status after successfully completing probation.
• This position is represented by Washington Public Employees Association.
• Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
Starting Salary: $3,044 /month Range: 42 Code: 00107I
Benefits package includes insurance, retirement, annual and sick leave, disability, flexible spending account, and tuition waiver.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. Priority consideration will be given to applications completed and submitted online by December 7, 2018.
REQUIRED ONLINE APPLICATION MATERIALS:
• Clark College online application
• Current resume
• Responses to the supplemental questions included in the online application process
Please apply online at www.clark.edu/jobs
To contact Clark College Human Resources, please call (360) 992-2105.
Upon request, accommodations are available to persons with disabilities for the application process. Contact Human Resources at (360)992-2105 or by video phone at (360)991-0901.
The security of all the members of the campus community is of vital concern to Clark College. Information regarding crime prevention advice, the authority of the Security/Safety Department, policies concerning reporting of any crimes which may occur on the campus, and crime statistics for the most recent 4-year period may be requested from the Clark College Security/Safety Department, (360) 992-2133. The most recent Annual Security Report can be viewed here: http://www.clark.edu/campus-life/student-support/security/report.php
If you are hired, you will need proof of identity, and documentation of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work.
CORRECTIONS OR EXTENDED NOTICES
Corrected or extended notices will be posted online and in the Human Resources Office.
Clark College Human Resources
November 15, 2018
Complete details: http://www.clark.edu/about/jobs-and-employment/jobs/index.php