Post Date: 01/06/2020
Close Date: 01/31/2020
This is a temporary, full-time, non-benefitted position for approximately six to nine months with a possibility of an extension.
The Wellness and Safety Consultant will develop, deliver, contribute to programs and oversee projects in support of Cambia’s wellness and safety program goals. Manages aspects of and monitors the company’s multi-faceted, incentive-based wellness program, creating a health-conscious culture and environment throughout the company. Uses creativity, education and experience to create and implement comprehensive well-being and safety prevention programs. Oversees general aspects of day to day fitness center operations including group exercise programs, facility safety, cleanliness and vendor management.
At Cambia, our values are fundamental to achieving our Cause of transforming the health care industry. They guide our actions and bring diverse perspectives together to improve the health care journey better for those we serve. All eight values are equally important and linked to the others: Empathy, Hope, Courage, Trust, Commitment, Innovation, Collaboration and Accountability. These values are not just words on paper - we live them every day.
• Leads design and delivery of projects in support of wellness and safety program outcomes. Incorporates all aspects of wellness and safety including physical, occupational, spiritual, financial, emotional, social, intellectual and environmental.
• Creates programs and activities that mitigate health risks and increase employee productivity.
• Oversees fitness center operations providing instruction, customer service and ensuring centers are well maintained.
• Contributes to the evaluation of wellness and safety programs to determine program effectiveness, appeal to employees and enhancements that might improve programs.
• Assists with development and deployment of internal marketing strategies to support wellness and safety programs and strategies across Cambia.
• Educates employees on self-management and self-maintenance skills, helps individuals navigate opportunities for well-being at Cambia.
• Oversees Cambia’s accident prevention programs and ensures compliance with safety policies and procedures.
• Leads regional safety committees and participates on the corporate safety committee. Activities include worksite analysis, hazard prevention, education, communication, control and training.
• Collaborates with real estate and facilities, human performance and wellness and disaster management services on achievement of wellness and safety program goals.
• The Temporary Wellness and Safety Consultant would have a Bachelor’s degree in Health Promotion, Exercise Science, Public Health, Physical Education or related field and 3 years of experience in Wellness Program Delivery, Public Health, Fitness Center Operations or equivalent combination of education and experience. CPR/First Aid Certified required. Current ACSM, ACE, NSCA, CHES, NASM or other relevant professional certification.
• Experience working in a health or wellbeing setting; corporate wellness program experience preferred.
• Ability to identify issues, develop solutions and implement an agreed upon course of action.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills including communicating with diverse groups of employees.
• Strong program and project management skills.
• Develop training materials, job aids and tutorials to support corporate wellness and safety programs.
• Ability to research best practices and emerging trends on wellness and safety programs, recommending enhancements to current offerings that align with program goals.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize work, meet deadlines and achieve goals and objectives.
• Administer, lead and evaluate safe and effective group exercise programs.
• Good computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft applications and presentations/webinars.
• Experience designing and delivering programs focused on lifestyle and health conditions such as weight management, general nutrition, fitness, ergonomics, stress management and other related topics.
At Cambia, we advocate for transforming the health care system. You aren’t satisfied with the status quo and neither are we. We're looking for individuals who are as passionate as we are about transforming the way people experience health care. We offer a competitive salary and a generous benefits package. We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A drug screen and background check is required.
Cambia’s portfolio of companies spans health care information technology and software development; retail health care; health insurance plans that carry the Blue Cross and Blue Shield brands; pharmacy benefit management; life, disability, dental, vision and other lines of protection; alternative solutions to health care access; and free-standing health and wellness solutions.
We have over a century of experience in developing and providing health solutions to serve our members. We had our beginnings in the logging communities of the Pacific Northwest as innovators in helping workers afford health care. That pioneering spirit has kept us at the forefront as we build new avenues to improve access to and quality of health care for the future.