Post Date: 10/01/2019
Close Date: 10/27/2019
Volunteers of America Oregon is seeking an Alcohol and Drug Specialist in Washington County. The A & D Specialist provides initial A & D screens, consultation to DHS caseworkers, and provides support services to families referred by DHS. The Alcohol and Drug Specialist should be knowledgeable about treatment services throughout Washington County and will serve as a liaison for treatment availability and referrals.
• CADC certification required at time of hire.
• At least a year of experience working with individuals with chemical dependency and treatment issues, and child welfare system.
• Experience working with a culturally diverse population.
• Excellent communication, information retrieval, and dissemination, implementation, and relationship-building skills.
• Organizational time management skills.
• Group facilitation skills.
• Computer literate – able to enter data at 50 wpm or better.
• Cultural competence
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• Active driver’s license, current insurance, reliable vehicle and ability to pass insurer’s driving standards.
• Successful pass of a criminal background check.
• Individual in recovery from alcohol or drug addiction must have maintained continuous sobriety under non-residential, independent living conditions for at least the immediate past two years at the time of hire.
Compensation: Minimum $17.79 + Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
Throughout our over 100 years of providing services to the community, the name Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives. Some people say they can't imagine doing what we do. We say, "We can't imagine not doing it!"
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers