Post Date: 10/03/2019
Close Date: 10/11/2019
Timber Press, an independent book publisher in downtown Portland, Oregon, seeks a permanent part-time Office Assistant. We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented person with office administration experience and the can-do attitude to help keep our small office running smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Reports primarily to Production and Operations Director for key administrative functions.
• Processes timesheets, tracks paid leave balances for off-site HR manager, collects paperwork for HR, and helps onboard new employees.
• Answers and forwards calls and assists customers, authors, vendors, and publishing partners by phone, email, and in person.
• Compiles purchase orders, invoices, and company credit card receipts to forward to Timber’s off-site accounts payable department in a timely fashion.
• Orders general office supplies and tracks inventory of copier, mailing, and kitchen supplies, keeping costs and waste to a minimum.
• Supports staff in finding supplies, troubleshooting office machines, and event planning for office functions.
• Updates the company calendar and maintains shared contacts and other address databases.
• Takes care of mailroom, distributes incoming mail and packages, and processes outgoing shipments as needed.
• Upon publication, orders review copies and office copies of newly released books.
• Works with Publishing Coordinator to set up and maintain book files.
• Restocks and organizes office library and archives.
• Office administration experience
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Must be organized and detail-oriented
• Must be able to work independently and make decisions
• Ability to prioritize workload
• Computer skills: Word, Outlook, Excel, and ability to learn proprietary programs
• Team spirit as critical support staff
• Interpersonal skills
• Must be able to move from one point to another
• Must be agile and have the stamina to stand, sit, walk, stoop, lift, and bend routinely
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 pounds
• Must be able to reach above head to shelve books
• Must be able to climb stairs
• Vision and hearing must be acute enough to answer phones and perform administrative duties
Job Type: Permanent, part-time; Monday through Friday, morning schedule, 20 hours per week
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Benefits: Paid time off
Cover letter and resume should be sent to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Timber Press is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Timber Press makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. Timber Press policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, age, income, political opinion, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. All such discrimination is unlawful and not tolerated by Timber Press.
Complete details: https://www.indeed.com/job/office-assistant-efee7a1b89e4d533