Post Date: 03/28/2019
Close Date: 04/30/2019
TITLE: Food Services Manager
DEPARTMENT: Letty Owings Center
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery, part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace includes post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
SUMMARY: Central City Concern provides a broad range of services to a very diverse population. Among these services are residential treatment programs that necessitate providing onsite nutritional services to clients, some of whom may have specific nutritional needs including small children. The Food Services Manager position is a key component to ensuring that our clients receive high quality, nutritionally sound meals while they are in our care. The position requires a person with a high degree of motivation and organizational skills as well as a solid understanding of managing food services, regulatory and sanitation compliance and meeting the nutritional needs of our served populations.
1. Must have high school diploma or GED equivalent.
2. Must have at least one year of prior institutional food service management experience.
3. Must have at least one year of supervisory experience.
4. Possess a current Oregon Food handlers permit, or be able to obtain within 2 weeks of hire.
5. Must possess a current driver’s license, pass a DMV background check and be designated an “acceptable” driver as outlined in Central City Concern’s Fleet Safety Policy. Must pass an initial drivers training and annual recertification training.
6. Must pass pre-employment drug screen, TB Test, and background check. 7. The OAR prohibits A&D program staff from having within the previous 3 years a DUI conviction or diversion, a felony conviction, or a conviction under the Uniform Controlled Substances Act.
8. Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects and climb stairs.
9. Sufficient manual dexterity and physical ability to perform duties.
10. If in recovery, must be able to document continuous abstinence under independent living conditions or recovery housing for the immediate past two years.
11. Must adhere to agency nondiscrimination policies.
12. Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, political affiliations, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
Check out the full job description and apply at:
Central City Concern is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.
Complete details: http://www.centralcityconcern.org/jobs/