Post Date: 10/25/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Warner Pacific University’s Mission: Warner Pacific is a Christ-centered, urban, liberal-arts University dedicated to providing students from diverse backgrounds with an education that prepares them to engage actively in a constantly changing world. Our hiring practices reflect our missional commitment to being a Christ-centered institution.
Warner Pacific University’s Commitment to Diversity: Warner Pacific is committed to hiring staff and faculty with an intentionality that demonstrates the importance of having an employee community that reflects the racial and ethnic diversity of the students we serve. Persons of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary Description: The University Registrar is a full-time, benefit eligible position reporting to the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs. This role is responsible for all aspects of academic records, including transfer evaluations for prospective students, university catalog content, class scheduling, registration procedures, grade entry, tracking completion of graduation requirements, posting of degrees, logistical and programming aspects of Commencement ceremonies, maintenance and distribution of official university transcripts, and accurate and timely submission of enrollment reports as per Federal guidelines and regulations and internal needs. An administrative faculty-level position, he/she also serves as a resource person for certain standing committees, advises and counsels students, faculty, and staff as necessary, assures compliance with various certifying organization and governmental requirements, and supervises all Records Office staff.
• Communicate and provide leadership of the area related to the mission and vision of the University, and plans to ensure that all resources are in alignment with institutional vision and mission, and strategic initiatives.
• Coordinate all aspects of the Records Office including supervision of the Records Office staff
• Provide excellent service as the data manager/super-user for the records department, with knowledge and competence to use the institution’s ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system (Colleague) for reporting, planning, registration, etc., and remain current on University policies and related state and federal regulations to ensure compliance.
• Ensure compliance with all reporting requirements related to Title IV aid, as well as any records reporting requirements for other external agencies or internal departments. Particular focus must be given to meeting all timelines and regulatory requirements, as well as collaborating with auditors and institutional personnel to ensure accuracy and effectiveness.
• Ensure compliance with various certifying organization and governmental requirements, including training and advising faculty and staff regarding compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (FERPA).
• Manage all aspects of the University academic records including transfer evaluations for prospective students, course registration, grade entry, completion of graduation requirements, posting of degrees, maintenance, and distribution of official university transcripts, and maintenance and distribution of transfer articulation agreements.
• Demonstrate the University’s commitment to the thoughtful treatment of students by processing and evaluating student transcripts within a 48-hour period.
• Coordinate student registration for students and ensures the effectiveness of registration functions for all other University academic programs including the supervision of all CLEP, PLA, high school AP/dual credit, and veteran credit programs.
• Chair or serve on a few committees, which may include Academic Policies, Curriculum, General Education Core Curriculum, and others as assigned.
• Verify student eligibility according to NAIA regulations and reporting procedures in collaboration with the Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR)
• Manage and coordinate the Best Semester Program
• Coordinate class scheduling, enrollment, and room assignments for traditional courses.
• Coordinate all Commencement ceremonies.
• Advise and counsel students and faculty as necessary, and work collaboratively with the Advising team to ensure accurate and thorough academic advising.
• Contribute to the support and implementation of the University Strategic Plan.
• Participate in professional and staff development activities and
• Represent the University when requested, at professional meetings and conferences.
• Participate in Warner Pacific University professional development opportunities as well as other professional organizations (e.g., AACRAO) for professional development.
• Adhere to University policies and procedures.
• Demonstrate a commitment to a Christ-centered liberal arts education by upholding the mission of the University and abiding by the Employment Standards and Lifestyle Agreement.
• Exhibits commitment to inclusiveness and sensitivity in areas of national origin, ethnicity, culture, gender, and disabilities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master degree required.
• Experience in Datatel (Colleague), or related higher education ERP
• Demonstrated team building skills and a customer service orientation focused on providing excellent student-centered care
• Strategic and organizational agility with the ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels or the organization including internal and external constituencies.
• Excellent skills in data management and technology. Demonstrated skill in using an ERP to achieve responsibilities.
• Minimum five years’ experience in higher education, preferably as a Registrar.
• Knowledge of principles and practices of FERPA and academic records management.
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, initiate, and implement projects independently.
• Ability to multi-task, work effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with students, parents, staff, and faculty.
• Strong leadership, management, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to make effective decisions based on facts and sound judgment.
• Proficient in computer programs including Windows, Outlook, Word and Excel, and the Internet.
• Experience working with diverse populations.
• Fluent in Spanish (speaking and writing)
Physical Demands – Work Environment:
The position is located in a typical office environment. Professional/business attire is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Warner Pacific provides equal opportunity for employment and advancement for all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status and any other status protected by laws and regulations to which Warner Pacific is subject. All employment decisions, including hiring, promotions, compensation, benefits, transfers, and terminations are made in a manner that does not discriminate against individuals in the categories discussed above. Because Warner Pacific is a Christian liberal arts University, the University exercises its legal right to hire Christian employees to fulfill its mission and purpose.
Commitment to Diversity:
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. Inquiries are encouraged from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
Warner Pacific University is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty and a multicultural learning environment. We, therefore, encourage inquiries from candidates who will enrich and contribute to the cultural and ethnic diversity of our University. Warner Pacific University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks a diverse workforce of committed Christians from all racial, ethnic, and socio-economic backgrounds.
To Apply: In order to be considered an applicant for this position, please complete our online employment application at www.warnerpacific.edu/jobs. Click "Apply Now" to complete the online application, and submit the following:
2. Cover letter with names/contact information for three professional references