Post Date: 11/08/2019
Close Date: 12/20/2019
POSITION: Assistant Director of Admissions
REPORTS TO: Executive Director of Admissions
The University of Western States is seeking an experienced and eager admissions professional to contribute to driving enrollment at a growing health sciences university. The Assistant Director of Admissions, under the direction of the Executive Director of Admissions, designs, develops, manages, and implements recruitment plans and outreach practices that address immediate and long-range enrollment goals. The Assistant Director will supervise admissions advisors within the College of Graduate Studies, create and manage recruitment/application review processes, and coordinate the travel and recruitment strategy for the Admissions Office.
• Supervise, mentor and manage Admissions Advisors within the College of Graduate Studies; work closely with admissions staff members to guarantee high quality outcomes; provide day-to-day strategic coaching and oversight; conduct annual performance reviews.
• Develop optimal workflow processes to ensure that prospective students receive timely, accurate information.
• Perform all duties of an Admissions Advisor; advise prospective students on admissions requirements and application processes for the various programs offered at UWS; answer a vast array of admissions queries via personalized emails and phone calls; follow up with prospective students from inquiry through enrollment; conduct transcript evaluations; determine candidate eligibility
• Execute a data-driven strategic travel/outreach plan; track and evaluate recruiting efforts to determine successful recruiting methods and pinpoint areas of growth.
• Participate in the creation of an annual plan for recruitment activities; track event success; assist in the development of new initiatives to support recruitment efforts; identify areas of collaboration with alumni and faculty to participate in recruitment efforts.
• Build a diverse portfolio of strong relationships with key stakeholders such as college health advisors, professors, administrators, and professional organizations; cultivate and manage existing partnerships with the goal of expanding the reach of the recruitment team; model best-practice relationship building.
• Serve as Admissions liaison to the UWS Marketing and Communications Office, participate in the creation and execution of print and online recruitment materials, coordinate quarterly website content updates, and manage Pardot/CRM communication strategies.
• Participate in the evaluation of applicants for admission to university programs and conduct applicant interviews.
• Work collaboratively with other departments within the university to support a seamless transition from the point of inquiry through enrollment; assist with developing and implementing processes and procedures to continually improve services to students.
• Promote and maintain high levels of enthusiasm, energy and positive morale in the department.
• Set the vision for, and actively engage in, the full spectrum of recruitment and enrollment activities, including campus visits and education forums.
• Oversee efforts to recruit and enroll a diverse student body; develop and implement efforts designed to achieve overall enrollment goals.
• Lead the onboarding, training, and development of admissions advisor staff; mentor and manage team members in a collaborative, team-based environment.
• Research best admissions practices at other institutions and apply them at UWS.
• Serve on university committees and working groups as needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: (Knowledge, skills and abilities needed to perform the job.)
• Demonstrated ability to:
o work independently and as part of a team
o manage multiple priorities and interruptions
o self-assess and take initiative under minimal supervision
o build and maintain positive, professional relationships with students, staff, and faculty
o consistently meet deadlines and handle information confidentially
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate a wide variety of people.
• Empathic communicator who can quickly build rapport, trust, and credibility.
• Demonstrated leadership, communication, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Highly detail-oriented, organized, and responsible.
• Ability to effectively initiate, manage, and complete projects in a timely manner.
• Strong computer skills, including basic Microsoft Office functions, recruitment management database software (CRM), and student information system software.
• Energetic, personable, flexible, innovative and resourceful.
• Be an active, independent and continuous learner.
REQUIREMENTS: (Education, Training & Experience)
Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience as an admissions advisor or comparable position.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite and contact management software.
• Familiarity with international student recruitment and SEVIS and F-1 student regulations is desired.
• Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed.
• Occasional travel required.
APPLICATION, SCREENING AND HIRING PROCESS:
Screening of applicants will begin immediately. To apply, please submit a cover letter, a resume and the names and contact information of three professional references. Official transcripts from prior institutions of higher learning must be received prior to offer being extended to the finalist.
Please note that University of Western States currently has two openings in the admissions department. If you are interested in both positions, please apply to each position separately.
University of Western States conducts background checks for the finalist or finalists of staff and faculty positions. The type of background check will vary by position type.
University of Western States is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply, please visit our website at: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/.
Click on the big, orange button and follow the prompts.
You may attach your materials as Word or PDF documents.
Complete details: https://www.uws.edu/about/employment/