Post Date: 12/03/2018
Close Date: 12/14/2018
Senior Procurement Agent, Information Technology
Supply Chain Management; Portland, OR
Posting # 50276669
November 30, 2018
At NW Natural, we like to say, “We grew up here.” We’ve been an energy supplier and community leader since 1859. Some of our neighbors know us through our philanthropy and volunteer programs and innovative approaches to carbon reduction.
Our customers know us because of the clean, safe, efficient, and low-cost natural gas we provide. We are a service-oriented utility, with a “Best in the West” customer satisfaction ranking.
If you share our core values – integrity, safety, service ethic, caring and environmental stewardship – we invite you to apply to NW Natural.
With the acceleration of digital technologies, business stakeholders are demanding delivery on increasingly diverse procurement requirements. Sourcing and vendor management leaders must transform their procurement functions now to support and enable rapidly evolving digital business objectives; therefore, this role will help the procurement team move from a tactical, to a more strategic, proactive enabler of business outcomes. The IT&S Technology Procurement Lead must also be an effective change agent, playing the role of the educator while directing the acquisition activities of IT&S and the business in a proactive and strategic way.
Day to day:
• Develop and drive IT&S procurement strategy that is aligned with the overall corporate and business strategy priorities, and translate corporate and business imperatives into IT&S procurement targets.
• Develop and execute an action plan to evolve IT&S procurement into a strategic business function.
• Set and attain the IT&S procurement measurement targets with a combination of financial and nonfinancial deliverables.
• Deliver best-in-class technology products and services with the right balance of cost control, risk mitigation and speed.
• Respond to approved requisitions and create Purchase Orders within a timeline that meets customer expectations.
• Partner with Legal and other internal stakeholders to negotiate and finalize contracts, agreements, NDA’s.
• Monitor PO delivery dates to ensure on-time receipt and maintain current and accurate PO information in SAP.
• Ensure the development and maturity of key procurement competencies, such as business relationship management, best practices for negotiating, and overseeing contract terms and conditions.
• Lead the evaluation of optimal sourcing and pricing options, taking into consideration outsourcing/cloud, hybrid and insourcing models.
• Lead process improvement projects to improve procurement service delivery to exceed internal stakeholder satisfaction and requirements.
• Support the implementation and management of emerging suppliers thought effective contract management practices, supplier due diligence and supplier risk management.
• Monitor and support key strategic technology supplier relationships, including contract and conflict resolution.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of the current technology market including identifying the drivers, shifts, market dynamics and trends to advise and direct technology acquisition options analysis.
• Consult team members as they lead strategic and tactical efforts. Support team training and continuous improvement, along with team and individual KPIs.
• Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
Come on your first day with:
• A bachelor's degree in business or other discipline, such as supply chain management or IT&S. An advanced business degree is desired.
• Certification by purchasing and supply chain professional bodies, such as the Institute of Supply Management (ISM) or the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS) preferred.
• Seven years of procurement experience with at least four to five years as a technology procurement specialist or category manager.
• Other functional experience, particularly in IT&S, is highly desirable and beneficial.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve superior results from leading the technology procurement function teams is expected.
• Experience developing an effective technology procurement strategy that had a high impact in a similar capacity.
• Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills in a job with a similar level of responsibility.
• Thorough knowledge of technology products, services and market trends including the ability to identify the drivers, shifts, market dynamics to advise and direct technology acquisition options analysis.
• Proven ability to provide proactive, high-value procurement consultation to the business through thorough understanding of the business needs.
• Deep knowledge of the use of technology procurement tools and an interest in driving automation and innovation in procurement process.
• Strong negotiation skills including ability to develop strategies, tactics, and influence decisions.
• Knowledgeable in financial management, technology contract terms and legal issues.
• Strong teamwork and internal customer service orientation.
• Analytical and process-oriented.
• Superb problem-solving and relationship-building skills in complex supplier and internal customer relationship environments.
• Excellent interpersonal communication and presentations skills to craft and deliver the appropriate messages to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
What we offer:
• Arguably the most competitive healthcare and wellness benefits in the Pacific Northwest
• Meaningful Annual Incentive Bonus Opportunity in addition to base salary
• 401(k) with generous match and additional 5% employer contribution
• Company provided Trimet or C-Tran passes/Bike storage for cyclists
• Green Team/Diversity & Inclusion Council/Safety Team/Women’s Network
• Numerous volunteer and community engagement opportunities
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 15% discount
• 20% Employee discount on Natural Gas
• Generous Vacation/Sick leave program
• 7 Paid Holidays and up to 3 floating holidays to add an extra paid day off to Holidays Observed by NW Natural
• Flexible work schedule opportunities
Base salary range – Min. $72,950 - (*$80,400 to $100,950) - Max. $105,800; *Expected Hiring Range
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume. Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed.
Deadline: December 14, 2018
At NW Natural we are committed to fair compensation, pay equity and equal opportunity for advancement in the workplace. Salaries are determined based on a combination of education, experience, skills, performance and internal equity to similar roles within our organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Complete details: https://www.nwnatural.com/Careers/JobOpportunities