Post Date: 05/03/2019
Close Date: 06/03/2019
Cascadia Behavioral Healthcare (www.cascadiabhc.org), one of the largest community behavioral health providers in the state of Oregon, delivers whole health care -- integrated mental health and addiction services, primary care and housing -- to support our communities. Our approach is recovery-oriented and trauma-informed. Cascadia hires innovative, compassionate, and dedicated staff who are aligned with trauma-informed care, are committed to working effectively with diverse community populations, and expected to strengthen such capacity if hired.
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT
This is a full time position at 40 hours per week. The position will work out of two of Cascadia's outpatient Health Centers, one in NE Portland and one in SE Portland. The schedule is Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm.
The Medical Assistant (CMA) is responsible for maintaining good and timely patient flow through the clinic; for maintaining safety standards using protective devices, hand washing, universal precautions and other infection control measures. The CMA prepares examination rooms for patients keeping the rooms neat clean and appropriately stocked; cleans and sterilizes instruments using the autoclave, disposes of contaminated supplies, and sets up medical laboratory equipment as required. The CMA informs providers of the clinical record of communication with patients concerning health matters, verbally and through EMR system and assists providers in maintaining accurate EMR records. The CMA assists providers in examining and treating patients by handing them instruments and materials or performing tasks as directed. The CMA may assess a patient's needs and provide medical information per provider orders and provide the Patient Advocate/Scheduler the preferred time-frame for patients needing emergent or urgent appointments.
- A Graduate of an accredited Certified Medical Assistant school. Able to obtain certification within three months of employment.
- A Certified Medical Assistant is preferred.
- Two to three years of relevant medical clinic experience and able to obtain certification within three months of employment.
- If certified, Six (6) months prior experience as a medical assistant is preferred.
- Experience with Epic EHR is strongly preferred.
- Ability to work with individuals who have mental health challenges and/or substance use disorder challenges
- Excellent ability to collaborate and problem solve
- Trauma-informed approach to patient care
- Operate computer hardware and software at a level needed to effectively perform job functions
- Ability to enter data and retrieve data and to prepare reports
- Ability to perform CPR, First Aid, and properly use AED equipment. CPR/ First Aid certifications are required and must remain current.
- Ability to commute to various Cascadia sites and community locations as needed.
To review and/or apply directly, please use the link below:
To view information about benefits, applying and our FAQs, visit our careers page at (www.cascadiabhc.org/careers)
Inquiries can be directed to email@example.com