Post Date: 03/01/2019
Close Date: 03/27/2019
Pay Range: $33.56-$41.25
You are a Construction Project Manager with an experienced understanding of project development, planning, capital maintenance, building renovations, and potentially tenant improvements. You are passionate about delivering quality work on schedule and on budget. You are comfortable interacting with people at all levels in an organization. You thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment, possess exceptional customer service skills, and have a proven track record of building, promoting and maintaining effective professional working relationships. You want a work life balance that does not include 60 hour work weeks. If this sounds like you, we are looking for a Construction Project Manager and encourage you to apply!
As the Construction Project Manager with Multnomah County Facilities and Property Management (FPM) Building Improvement Group you will:
* Develop, plan, and coordinate the construction of capital maintenance and building renovation projects for existing County facilities.
* Project development activities include project planning, writing scope of work descriptions, developing and managing project budget, developing/monitoring/controlling the project schedule, and overseeing consultant selection if necessary.
* Coordinate design of the projects with architects, consultants, and with FPM trade crews to ensure project documents are appropriately developed and in are in alignment with Multnomah County specifications and requirements.
* Follow the public contracting rules, regulations and County procedures.
* Prepare or direct preparation of project documents, specifications, bid invitations, contract letting and change orders; review and recommend approval of contract payments.
* Construction management responsibilities include coordinating with FPM trade crews, reviewing change requests, monitoring and controlling project budget, monitoring and controlling project schedule, identifying and estimating cost and schedule impacts due to changes in design or owner requirements, coordinating building permit/inspections/sign offs, oversees the mitigation of potential construction impacts (noise, dust, odors, access, etc.) to the programs and employees operating in the affected facility.
* Perform key liaison and project coordination functions with County departments.
The Facilities and Property Management Division (FPM) manages over 3.1 million net square feet of owned and leased building space necessary for the efficient, safe and effective delivery of programs and services that support the residents of Multnomah County. The Building Improvement team provides project services for building improvement projects for the County’s portfolio of owned and leased buildings in over 130 buildings spread across the County. The Project Delivery Program (which also includes the Interiors group) provides responsive project delivery for major building systems replacements/upgrades and client requested services in a wide range of facility types, including but not limited to: jails, health and dental clinics, libraries, courts, warehouses, shop spaces, an animal shelter and administrative offices. These capital and maintenance projects are typically valued under $500,000, but occasionally may be valued up to several million dollars. Other sections within the Facilities and Property Management Division include: Property Management, Strategic Planning & Real Estate, Major Capital Projects (new construction), Operations & Maintenance, Building Data Management Center, and Business & Central Support.
We will consider any combination of relevant work experience, volunteering, education, and transferable skills as qualifying unless an item or section is labeled required. Please be clear and specific about how your background is relevant.
Minimum Qualifications/Transferable Skills:
* Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework project management, construction, architecture, mechanical/structural engineering; or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
* Four (4) years applicable experience with facilities construction/renovation project management including design, construction management, contract procurement and related work.
* Possess, or have the ability to obtain an appropriate and valid driver's license
* Ability to pass a criminal records check
Preferred Qualifications/Transferable Skills: You do not need to have the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills to qualify. However, keep in mind we may consider some or all of the following when identifying the most qualified candidates. Please clearly explain on your application how you meet any of the following preferred qualifications/transferable skills.
* Proven experience in managing multiple projects at one time.
* Project Management Certification (PMP) or other project management certification
* Experience in building system projects (e.g., mechanical, electrical, envelope, etc)
* Experience in commercial and/or government construction projects
Screening and Evaluation
The Application Packet:
* A completed online application.
* A resume covering relevant experience and education. Please be sure your resume includes the following for each employer: name of employer, location, dates of employment, your title, a brief summary of your responsibilities, the number of employees under your supervision.
* A cover letter that expands on your resume and addresses the following -
- What is the scope of your experience in construction project management? Please emphasize any projects related to building systems projects.
- Why are you interested in this position with FPM and how does it align with your current career goals?
Note: The application, resume and cover letter should demonstrate your work experience/skills and how it is related to those shown in the Overview and To Qualify sections of the job announcement. Please be thorough, as these materials may be scored and determine your eligibility for an interview.
The Selection Process: For details about how we typically screen applications, review our overview of the selection process page. We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
* Initial review of minimum qualifications: We may do an additional preferred review and/or send out additional supplemental questions to identify those highest qualified.
* Consideration of top candidates: We will consider qualified candidates in order of rank and score from the list of eligible candidates. This may include panel interview(s), a hiring interview, and/or additional testing to determine the best candidates for a position.
* Background check and reference checks: All finalists must pass a thorough a criminal records check and reference check.
This recruitment may be used to fill full-time, part-time, temporary, limited duration and on-call positions.
Type of Position: This hourly union-represented position is eligible overtime.
Location: 401 N Dixon St. Portland, OR 97227
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm. There is some flexibility with the start and end times and a possibility of a 9/80 schedule.
Diversity and Inclusion: At Multnomah County, we don't just accept difference; we value it and support it to create a culture of dignity and respect for our employees.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran or protected veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available for your reference. Multnomah County is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor. We request priority protected veteran referrals.
Veterans’ Preference: Under Oregon Law, qualifying veterans may apply for veterans’ preference. Review our veterans’ preference page for details about eligibility and how to apply. Note: Veterans' Preference does not apply in a transfer process.
Accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act: We gladly provide reasonable accommodation to anyone whose specific disability prevents them from completing an application or participating in this recruitment process. Please contact the recruiter below in advance to request assistance. Individuals with hearing or speech impairments may contact the recruiter through the Telecommunications Relay Service by dialing 711.
Questions? Please contact the recruiter.
Application information may be used throughout the entire selection process. This process is subject to change without notice.
Disclaimer:This announcement is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.
Complete details: https://www.myworkday.com/multco/d/inst/15$158872/9925$336.htmld