Post Date: 05/19/2020
Close Date: 05/29/2020
POSITION: Aviation Maintenance Dispatcher
SALARY: $5,245.33 - $8,038.08 Monthly, $62,944.00 - $96,457.00 Annually
CLOSING DATE: 05/29/20 05:00 PM
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
The Port of Portland is seeking an experienced individual to join our Aviation Maintenance team as a Maintenance Dispatcher. Our Maintenance Dispatchers effectively respond to emergency breakdowns of critical infrastructure at Portland International Airport during operational periods. Maintenance Dispatchers triage and dispatch critical staff to priority locations, create work orders for planning staff to coordinate scheduled maintenance, distribute expenses by researching and interpreting leases and contracts, and coordinate fire, heating, and electrical shutdowns with various stakeholders. Maintenance Dispatchers also serve as logistics support upon the activation of the Incident Command System (ICS), and assist in the administration of the Port's Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
The successful candidate will be team-oriented with a solid understanding of proactive communication techniques, value collaboration and embrace the value and importance of service. We value equity and inclusion, and we're committed to hiring people equally invested in these pursuits. We do this because we understand both our organization and the people we serve will benefit from the contributions and efforts of a diverse workforce.
Shifts will be based on operational needs and rotated or adjusted at the discretion of management. An example of an assigned work schedule may be four (4) ten (10) hour shifts including either a Saturday or a Sunday. Current hours are 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. to 12:30 a.m., as assigned by the Superintendent.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Receive and communicate routine and emergency requests for maintenance service using a multi-line phone system, 800 MHz radio, and e-mail.
• Input, monitor, and correct data in the Computerized Maintenance Management and Fuel Management Systems to allow for accurate asset management, staff planning, tenant/customer billing and environmental compliance.
• Accurately prioritize, code, and process work requests to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Ensure proper and complete information is both communicated and documented with regard to outages, shutdowns, work requests, and all other assigned functions.
• Provide general supervisory direction to craft personnel during the off-shifts including managing work priorities, equipment, and labor allocations:
• Oversee policy and contract compliance.
• Communicate changes to Leads and planners.
• Approve unscheduled OT and emergency leaves.
• Ensure safe work practices are followed.
• Associate's degree in Business, Customer Relations, Computer Applications or a related field is preferred; or, the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience is required.
• Minimum of five (5) years' experience in facilities management, dispatching, maintenance or construction industries is required.
• Valid driver's license is required.
• Working knowledge in the following areas is preferred:
o Commercial aviation operations
o Facility maintenance
o Industrial plumbing systems
o Industrial electrical systems
o Industrial HVAC systems
o Heavy equipment
o Vehicle components
o Incident Command System
o Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
• Proficiency in the use of current Microsoft Office software is required.
• Experience working in a unionized environment with knowledge of Employment Law and Safety regulations is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of administrative principles and processes of leases and contracts is preferred.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Must be able to work any assigned shift; and, rotate shifts as needed to fill coverage gaps.
• Must be able to report to work in all types of weather as part of essential staffing.
• Must be able to make independent decisions in alignment with best management practices.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Experience with reading plans and drawings in order to communicate locations and directions to maintenance staff.
• Familiarity with 800 MHz radio dispatch system.
• Communicate clearly and effectively in English.
• Express ideas clearly using written and oral communication.
• Type a minimum of 45 words per minute.
• Learn, retain, and apply a broad range of administrative procedures and office operations.
• Simultaneously manage multiple priorities utilizing specialized computer systems, multi-line phone systems, and 800 MHz radio dispatch system.
• Work effectively with diverse employee groups including both Administrative and union represented employees.
• Diversity and Inclusion: At the Port, we don't just accept difference; we value and support it to create a culture of inclusiveness and fun. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
• EEO/Affirmative Action Policy Statement: The Port of Portland is dedicated to maintaining and improving a work environment, which extends equal opportunity to all individuals, regardless of their race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or sexual orientation. Employment decisions shall be made in such a manner as to further the principle of equal employment opportunity and to comply with state, federal and local laws. We affirm through this policy statement our continuing commitment to the principles of nondiscrimination and affirmative action.
• Veterans Preference: Under Oregon law, qualified veterans may be eligible for veterans preference when applying for Port of Portland positions. If you are a veteran and would like to be considered for a veterans preference for this job, please provide the qualifying documents as instructed during the application process.
• Background Checks and Drug Testing: The Port of Portland will conduct background checks and/or drug tests for positions where such tests are required by regulation and for other highly sensitive positions.
• ADA Accommodation: Accommodations will be considered for applicants or candidates with a qualifying disability that prevents them from participating in this process. Accommodations will be made where the Port can reasonably do so without imposing an undue hardship on the business or compromising the integrity of the recruitment process. An applicant with any disability who believes that he or she needs an accommodation should contact Human Resources at 503.415.6000
APPLY ONLINE: https://portofportland.com/Careers
Complete details: https://portofportland.com/Careers