Post Date: 06/01/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Sales Coordinator - Continuing Education
Portland Community College
Requisition Number: 09421
Location: CLIMB Center
Address: 1626 SE Water Avenue, Portland, OR
Hours of Work: Other
Position Status: Academic Professional; Level 4; Full-time; Exempt
Starting Salary Range: Starting Salary: $45,292 to $48,518 (Step 3); based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Full 2017/18 Salary Range is $45,292 to $79,911.
Job Close Date: For best consideration apply by June 19, 2018
Continuing Education is seeking a dynamic professional who will contribute to a collaborative group. The Sales Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating with professionals inside and outside of the college to ensure successful delivery of customized educational training for businesses and organizations. This key role will interface with the sales team, PCC instructors, and Operations to fulfill contract delivery and ensure quality control. Success in this role has a direct impact on Portland Community College's partnerships with the business community.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:30 am-5:30pm
If this sounds like a learning community that you would like to be a part of, and an important role that you would like to play for PCC, please review the minimum qualifications for this position and apply today.
Here is our Intended Recruitment Timeline
Posting Date: 5/30/18
Best Consideration Date (three weeks later): 6/19/18
First Round of Interviews: Mid July
Finalist Interviews: Early August
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with a access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Auto and Home Insurance. Retirement and tax deferred 403B plans.
13.33 hours of Vacation leave per month
1 day of Sick Leave per month
3 additional Personal Leave days per year
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children under 24 years of age, as well as tuition reimbursement for full-time employees at other accredited institutions.
Typical Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a liaison and primary point of contact for clients and stakeholders regarding the delivery and evaluation of contracted training. Stakeholders include clients, college staff and instructors.
- Coordinates projects supporting the delivery of contracted training including class and instructor scheduling, and tracking time for instructors.
- Initiates and coordinates the renewal of repeat contracts in collaboration with CLIMB sales staff.
- Drafts and reviews contracted training proposals for new and existing clients.
- Sets up sales appointments and follows up with clients and potential clients in collaboration with CLIMB sales staff.
- Develops positive working relationships with college departments; interacts with college staff regarding planning, coordinating and requesting services.
- Responsible for reporting project status on all open contracts to internal and external stakeholders.
- Recommends process improvement and works to create efficiencies within the assigned area.
- Utilizes CRM database to track contracted training project status.
- Works with accounting staff to track contracted training project costs and create budget statements.
- Liaises with CLIMB marketing staff in support of trainings and/or events.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To be considered for this position, your application materials must show how you meet the following requirements (Note-experience requirements use full-time equivalent):
Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Education, Communications or related field (relevant experience performing the duties of the job may substitute for the degree requirement on a year for year basis).
Three years of experience coordinating multiple projects in a complex organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Project management methods and principles;
Customer relations databases.
Project management and independent problem solving;
Recognizing and recommending process improvement;
Applying relevant information to the development of processes and programs.
Coordinate multiple projects;
Prepare reports related to operational activities;
Understand revenue models such as profit and loss statements, activity based costing and project margins;
Work effectively with the diverse academic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of PCC staff;
Communicate effectively through oral and written documents;
Work independently and as a member of a team.
Note to Applicants
- For new employees, official transcripts are required to be submitted within 2 weeks of offer date for all degrees stated in the minimum qualifications.
These qualifications and characteristics are critical to success in this important role at PCC. Please describe how you meet the 5 Preferred Qualifications in your "Responses to the Required Questions" document:
1. Working knowledge of a client database system, such as Salesforce
2. Experience analyzing the details of projects to ensure adherence to guidelines and quality control
3. Demonstrated experience providing inside sales support
4. Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service
5. Measurable high level communication skills with diverse internal and external customers
Additional Posting Information:
To apply for this position, please submit:
1. Complete "Responses to the Required Questions- How do you meet the 5 Preferred Qualifications (attach document)*
Completed online application
2. Cover Letter (attach document)* Please state how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications.
3. Current Resume (attach document)*
* When you apply for the position, you will be given an opportunity to attach the above documents. They may be attached in either "Microsoft Word" or ".pdf" formats.
Applicants selected for further consideration may be asked to complete a supplemental questionnaire.
Notes to Applicant:
- Upon hire candidate will be required to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned.
- Applicants selected for hire will be required to pass a criminal background check as a condition of employment.
- This position is included in the bargaining agreement between Portland Community College and the Portland Community College Federation of Faculty/Academic Professional Employees. Employment in this position will require, as a condition of employment, payment of monthly union dues or a monthly fair share fee in lieu of dues through automatic payroll deduction.
- Portland Community College will hire only United States citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States. All new employees will be required to complete the designated Immigration Service Employers Verification I-9 form.
- As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Documents that must be associated with this posting:
Responses to Required Questions
Documents which can be associated with this posting:
Full Time/Part Time: Full Time
How to Apply
For complete job description and application instructions, visit: http://apptrkr.com/1232085
As an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity institution, PCC is actively seeking qualified minorities, women, disabled veterans, veterans and individuals with disabilities to enhance its work force and to reflect the diversity of its student body. Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and selection process. Please notify Human Resources at least three (3) working days prior to the date of need.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Complete details: http://apptrkr.com/1232085