Post Date: 01/03/2020
Close Date: 02/05/2020
This is an exciting time to join Portland General Electric. As Oregon’s largest electric utility, Portland General Electric is leading an energy transformation that will harness the power of clean and renewable resources. Our vision for a clean energy future relies on three interrelated and overarching strategies: de-carbonize through investing in clean and reliable energy; modernize through a smarter more resilient grid; and empower our customers in their energy technology choices.
We’re searching for innovative, customer and results-obsessed leaders to help power our mission and lead the way in championing the world’s clean energy future!
Staff Operational Compliance Analyst
As a Staff Operational Compliance Analyst, you will part of the Grid Asset Operations and Planning team. You will have the unique opportunity to support operational units by writing and establishing standards and procedures and gathering support documentation to ensure compliance with standards. You will also collaborate with corporate regulatory compliance.
Your key responsibilities will be operational procedures, processes and practices, compliance monitoring and review, consultation and outreach, research / analysis, and compliance audits. You will be part of a team that works across the whole organization!
You should be someone that can work independently and possesses strong problem-solving skills, written and oral communication skills and advanced analytical thinking and diplomacy skills.
• Requires a bachelor’s degree in finance, business, technical field or other related field or equivalent experience.
• Typically, five or more years in combination with compliance and one or more years of Utility Operations, cybersecurity or auditing, which includes at least two years of FERC/NERC.
• NERC certification preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of business processes and procedures in Electric Utility operational domain.
• Advanced knowledge of relevant regulations and reliability standards.
• Advanced knowledge of corporate and operational compliance and risk management principles and protocols.
• Advanced analytical skills, including defining problem or issue, researching solutions and alternatives, supporting conclusions and presenting findings.
• Intermediate skills in using database and documentation tools.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of FERC Policy Statements on Enforcement and Compliance, NERC Rules of Procedure, WECC Compliance Monitoring and Enforcement Program, and other governing documents.
• This job requires a valid driver’s license.
• Driving/travel/commute: Daily within service territory - Occasionally (one to two times a month or less)
• Driving/travel/commute: Overnight inside/outside the service territory - Occasionally (one to two times a month or less)
• Computer use (use a computer regularly for entire work shift)
• Lifting/pushing/pulling: Up to 10 lbs.
• Carrying: Up to 10 lbs.
• Environment - Indoor/Outdoor:
o Office, Plant, and Field
Join us today and power your potential!
To apply, please visit: www.portlandgeneral.com/careers
Please complete the employment application by the posting close date. A cover letter may be needed with your application to be considered for this position.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.