Post Date: 11/01/2019
Close Date: 12/31/2019
Human Resources Officer
Portland, OR, US
30+ days agoRequisition ID: 1075
Salary Range:72757.00 (USD) Annually Onwards
Job Title: HR Officer
Since 1973 Oregon Community Foundation (OCF) has pursued a mission to improve lives for all Oregonians through the power of philanthropy. With a growing endowment nearing $2 billion, OCF has become one of the nation’s largest community foundations, awarding more than $109 million last year in grants and scholarships. OCF connects caring with action by matching donors to causes and communities in need. OCF’s work rests on some basic principles: responsible stewardship of funds entrusted by donors; work in partnership to address common needs and aspirations; prioritize investments that create substantive change and attempt to resolve problems at their source; advance equity, diversity and inclusion through programs; and research and evaluate programs and initiatives.
The Human Resources Officer coordinates the implementation of people-related services, policies, and programs through Human Resources staff and assists and advises managers on all Human Resources issues. This is a generalist, hands on, tactically focused position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Percentage of Time: 90%
· Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel.
· Implements and annually updates compensation program; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys; analyzes compensation and pay equity; monitors program working closely with consultant to revise as needed and maintains detailed records of pay decisions. Develops and ensures compliance with compensation procedures and philosophy. Communicates compensation program to VPs, managers and staff.
· Manages benefits administration and sourcing, Manages the HRIS benefit set up to align with annual renewal and develops the employee self-service enrollment features.
· Working with broker and carriers, and in collaboration with OCF’s CFO, to ensure optimal benefit design and offerings while managing costs.
· Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution. Oversees benefits communication strategies. Prepares annual Affordable Care Act (ACA) IRS Forms 1095C and 1094C.
· Manages workers’ compensation for OCF, with assistance of HR Coordinator, to include claims and annual OR OSHA reporting.
· Provides advice and technical assistance on FMLA/OFLA and ADA compliance, and addresses concerns regarding prohibited discrimination and harassment.
· Prepares and updates on an annual basis OCF Employee Handbook on policies and procedures, answers questions relating to policies. Advises management of employment policies and practices. Conducts research on policies and practices.
· Oversees recruitment efforts for exempt and nonexempt personnel; trains staff on use of recruitment software. Assists supervisors with appropriate interview questions and testing, screening, and interview meeting prep.
· Manages applicant reference software and library of job-related survey questions.
· Ensures smooth onboarding for new employees, meets with new employees and ensures onboarding is completed. Works with manager to ensure offboarding process is completed.
· Provides appropriate employee relations guidance to managers.
· Serves as system administrator for HRIS, ensuring data accuracy and effective use of database and software modules. Enters data as needed, particularly at open enrollment and annual salary review.
· Prepares letters for new hires, annual salary adjustments and promotions, as well as grant funded renewal position letters, and temporary assignments.Opens in New Window
· Reviews payroll statements as needed, working closely with payroll staff to resolve issues.
· Works with vendor and with payroll staff to produce annual Employee Total Compensation Statements upon request.
· Coordinates contracts and placement orders for temporary agency personnel.
· Compiles reports as needed, such as employee demographics and other benchmarks.
· Complies with all HR related federal, state and local legal requirements and stays current with new legislation.
· Establishes and maintains HR records, labor posters and maintains organization's compliance with all federal and state employment regulations.
· Collaborate with payroll on compensation, payroll, benefit and 3rd party processors.
· Responds to various agency and institutional requests with information on benefits, compensation, salaries.
· Provides occasional staff training and orientation regarding HR matters.
· HR and special projects as assigned, member of various ad hoc groups.
· May oversee specific HR duties of an assistant (data entry, leave management, etc.)
In collaboration with VP: Percentage of Time: 10%
· Develops, recommends and implement HR best practices to promote the organization's culture.
· Improves and manages the performance evaluation program and ensures alignment with compensation program.
· Develop, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures
· Provides advice and recommendations regarding staff training needs and resources.
Required Cultural Values:
In addition to the specific job requirements for each position, staff are expected to embody certain cultural values to support OCF’s mission: communicate effectively, value one another, demonstrate accountability, embrace possibilities, address conflict and take action.
Travel: Travel is not a regular part of job but may travel to attend workshops, conferences.
Attendance Requirements: Regular Punctuality and Attendance is required. Work outside normal business hours is often required to meet deadlines and work volume.
Required Education, Training, Experience and Skills:
- 7 years of HR generalist experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Active HR professional designation (PHR or SPHR)
- Hands on and deep experience in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, benefits, compensation
- Proficiency with MS Office products and HRIS systems (Database, Recruitment Software)
- Articulate oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and facilitate internal training and/or coordinate with training vendors as appropriate
- Ability to build and strengthen employee relations at all levels
- Ability to raise difficult issues and provide real-time feedback to organization leaders
- Ability to think proactively and strategically about the organization’s workforce need and strategize and plan for improvement to support an engaged workforce and inclusive culture
- Strong knowledge of current trends and practices and experience relating to HR and employee laws, e.g., wage & hour, FMLA/OFLA, ADA, workers’ compensation, Title VII and related state and federal laws
- Confidential and tactful, modeling the highest standards of conduct at all times
- Possess cultural agility skills necessary to work effectively with diverse people, teams and communities
- Presentations to groups
The starting salary range begins at $72,757 per year; starting rate is dependent on candidates’ applicable experience and knowledge. OCF offers an excellent benefit package with generous paid time off, choice of medical and dental plans, vision, outstanding 401k retirement plan, commuter and healthcare savings accounts, employer paid disability and life. Our employees have access to an Employee Assistance Plan, paid volunteer leave, and professional development opportunities.
The Oregon Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strive to build a diverse workforce to promote effective work in partnership with all communities and population groups in Oregon. We welcome a diverse pool of qualified applicants.
Apply at, https://www.oregoncf.org/explore-ocf/careersOpens in New Window. Please provide a cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position and include your resume.