Post Date: 02/08/2019
Close Date: 03/31/2019
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East
Position: Office Coordinator/Executive Assistant
Reports to: HR Manager
Position Type: Full-time/Non-exempt
Compensation: $16.51 -$18.57/hour based on qualifications, experience, and internal equity. Position includes full benefits package: medical, dental, vision and alternative care coverage; vacation and sick leave; holidays; Short-term Disability; EAP; flexible spending accounts; and matching retirement plan.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East (HFHPME) creates successful homeownership by partnering hardworking families in need with the community to build healthy, affordable homes. Started in 1981, HFHPME is seeking a highly-motivated individual to join its team of committed professionals to help take the organization to new heights.
The Office Coordinator/Executive Assistant is the first point of contact for HFHPME’s volunteers, homeowners and donors. They are responsible for the operation of the reception area and facilitating communication and proper routing and filing of inquiries, messages and important paperwork and assisting the CEO with his calendar, monthly Board Meeting preparation and minutes and travel arrangements. The Office Coordinator provides support to several functional areas, as well as meeting a number of broader organizational needs. They must be proficient with MS Office, pay attention to detail, and have a friendly and professional phone manner, along with an ability to work with minimal supervision.
Primary Tasks And Responsibilities
Provide Executive Assistant Support to CEO
• Coordinate daily calendar and plan appointments/events
• Make travel arrangements
• Assist with producing reports, correspondence, presentations and spreadsheets (quarterly HFHI reports, support letters for other organizations, edit internal messages to staff and Board)
• Respond promptly to Executive Director’s queries/requests
• Facilitate internal communication (e.g. distribute information and schedule presentations)
• Suggest efficient ways to run the office and troubleshoot issues
• Serve as Board liaison; schedule regular Executive and Finance Committee Meetings and periodic special events, including parties, new member orientations, etc.
• Assist with agenda development and create Board packets, take notes at Board Meetings and produce meeting minutes
• Develop efficient documentation and filing systems
• Assist with staff appreciation
• Track monthly business expenses
• Manage the organization’s general administrative functions, archives as records administrator
• Order office supplies for staff as needed and organize and maintain resource and storage areas; periodically purchase bulk office supplies
• Negotiate and manage office-related contracts (phones, internet, copier, janitorial services, etc.)
• Sort incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail; coordinate courier services
• Prepare daily deposits
• Serve as custodian of petty cash fund and reconcile monthly
• Make arrangements for catering/locations for internal staff events
• Assist with coordination of staff and committee meetings as necessary
• Provide administrative and special projects support to Human Resources Manager, Executive Director and other departments as directed
• Schedule conference rooms for internal and external customers
• Communicate/coordinate with office janitorial service and schedule required facilities appointments (HVAC maintenance, etc.)
• Outlook administration, including updating contact lists and maintaining office calendar
• Keep public and shared employee spaces neat and tidy (including main kitchen)
• Train and manage regular front-desk volunteers
• Daily mail pickup at neighborhood post office; periodic supply purchase trips to Costco, etc.
• Coordinate office-wide activities (potlucks, Slack activities, clothing drives, holiday-themed activities, educational/informational lunches)
Manage Reception Area and Main Phone Line
• Greet visitors and handle their questions and requests appropriately
• Respond to phone and email inquiries
• Create and maintain a welcoming reception area
Provide Support to Homeownership Department
• Receive and process homeowner department payments
• Post homeowner payments to mortgage servicing software
• Print payment coupons for homeowners
Provide support to Resources Department
• Collate and mail thank-you letters to donors
• Accept monetary donations over the phone
• Attend and support major fundraising activities
• Minimum 2 years’ related experience
• High School or GED Diploma; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Bilingual in Spanish, Arabic, Vietnamese, or Burmese helpful
• Culturally sensitive with strong customer service orientation
• Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to various competing demands
• Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (via phone, email and in-person)
• Experience working with not-for-profit organizations preferred
• Notary or ability to become notarized within 2 months
• Familiarity with online calendars and cloud systems
• Experience using office equipment, including printers, fax machines, postage meters
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
The position works Monday through Friday and is based in the Habitat office.
Employment is contingent on passing a background check.
ONLY CANDIDATES WHO FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC INSTRUCTIONS IN THIS JOB ADVERTISEMENT ON HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB WILL BE CONSIDERED
Application packets must include:
• A complete resume, including dates of employment
• A cover letter identifying how you heard of this opportunity and addressing how your personal and professional experiences have prepared you for this position
• Three references: at least two professional
To apply, submit the above information to email@example.com with “Office Coordinator/Executive Assistant” in the subject line. Position is open until filled. Apply early.
Note: This job description is intended as a guideline only, and does not limit in any way the duties or responsibilities of any employee. Nothing herein shall be construed as a contract of employment, expressed or implied. All employment is terminable at will, with or without cause.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East hires a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce strengthens our organization. We value diversity and support a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.
Habitat for Humanity Portland/Metro East is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified personnel for all our positions in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, marital status, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran/reserve national guard status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.
For further information about Habitat visit our website at: http://habitatportlandmetro.org
Complete details: https://habitatportlandmetro.org/about-us/careers/