Post Date: 08/05/2019
Close Date: 09/09/2019
The Oregon Health Authority is modernizing and expanding their IT infrastructure and currently has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager with a strong background in IT to join an excellent team and work to advance their IT operations.
The Oregon Health Authority promotes health equity by developing policies and programs to eliminate health disparities and reach health equity for all Oregonians.
What you will do!
As a Senior IT Project Manager, you will develop and manage the execution of comprehensive or high-risk project plans, budgets, schedules and controls from project initiation to project close-out.
This position offers you the opportunity to lead the decision-making process throughout the Oregon Health Authority and Department of Human Services for the detailed requirements, design, testing and start-up operations related to the development and implementation efforts of achieving the long term goals of the customer agency.
What's in it for you?
Collaboration in an open office with a team of bright individuals to work with and learn from. We offer full medical, vision and dental with paid sick leave, vacation, personal leave and ten paid holidays per year. If you are an experienced Project Manager with a strong background in IT, don't delay, apply today!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• (a) Seven (7) years of professional level experience related to IT Project Management; OR (b) Six (6) years of professional level experience related to IT Project Management AND an Oregon Project Associate Certification; OR (c) Four (4) years of professional level experience related to IT Project Management AND a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Management, Public Administration, or a closely related field; OR (d) Two (2) years of professional level experience related to IT Project Management AND a Project Management Professional Certification awarded by the Project Management Institute.
• Experience managing large complex multi-million dollar projects that involved implementing COTS, developing custom software solutions and/or organizational transformations.
• Experience using SaaS.
• Experience using Cloud Solutions.
• Ability to successfully apply project management knowledge in ambiguous and unique circumstances while managing a cross-functional team with internal matrix resources and external contractors.
• Five (5) or more years of Project Management experience in the last 7 years that included using project management best practices and standard methodologies such as PMI (PMBOK), PRINCE 2, etc.
• Proven success in navigating complex organizations with loosely defined structures and boundaries.
• Proven ability to recognize and anticipate emerging project risks and business priorities and to address those developments through risk mitigation, contingency plans and communication strategies.
• Management experience in risk mitigation and project stewardship.
• Experience in promoting a culturally competent and diverse work environment.