Post Date: 06/13/2018
Close Date: 06/29/2018
$77,756.00 - $121,524.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 06/11/18
CLOSING DATE: 06/29/18 05:00 PM
Government isn’t typically known for being nimble, but we’re striving to change that at the Port of Portland. As we make the transition from a physical world to software-defined everything, we’re embracing agile planning, the cloud and DevOps patterns to meet our customers demand for increasing efficiency and reliability. We’re looking for a versatilist, like you, to bring these skills to our team and help us on our journey.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Understand multiple perspectives (users, partners and leadership) and see the big picture
• Be flexible and adaptable to change
• Identify opportunities where technology can improve and transform the delivery of services
• Automate and integrate infrastructure and business processes.
• Using DevOps tools and continuous integration pipelines build fast, reliable and secure, infrastructure, services and APIs
• Have proven experience as a system administrator, including the ability to install, configure and manage a variety of core systems and services including:
o Servers, backup solutions, shared services, email, login scripts, antivirus software and hardware, access-control and federated identify management, internet connections and proxy solutions.
• Enjoy working collaboratively with IT teams developing and documenting requirements, architecture, standards and supporting projects
• Provide support to development and maintenance groups, including systems setup, application software installation, change control and product upgrade processes.
• Provide hardware support for all server-based systems, including physical hardware maintenance and support as well as acquisition of components and warranty support administration
• At least 5 years of technical and/or development experience working on servers, network and applications with increasing responsibility, some in government or similar institutions.
• Experience leading more than one large scale product, system or service through to successful delivery.
• Experience supporting the agile software development life-cycle, via source management, cloud infrastructure as code, and continuous configuration automation in a hybrid cloud environment (using AWS and Azure).
• Experience maintaining and improving existing infrastructure and deployment processes, while developing and designing secure, reliable, self-healing architecture for new services.
• Backend development experience with a solid foundation in data pipelines and distributed systems.
• Have strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work cross-team, particularly with Network and InfoSec teams.
• Experience working with current Windows Server and Desktop operating systems.
• Proficiency with PowerShell, Java, Python, IIS, Web Technologies and TCP/IP. Experience with .Net a plus.
• Experience with Linux/Unix systems.
• Experience with ETL and SQL a plus.
• Familiarity with Storage Area Network environments, Software Defined Networking and IoT.
• Advanced diagnostic, troubleshooting, and problem resolution skills.
• Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance for unescorted access to secured areas at the Port of Portland, including Portland International Airport and various Marine facilities
• Provide on-call and off-shift work for planned production outages and upgrades as needed
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to facilitate, lead or contribute to complex analytical/business/technical decision-making processes.
• Ability to determine, coordinate, recommend and resolve technical issues that include the software, database, hardware, operating system, network configuration, security and firewalls.
• Ability to adapt to continually evolving technology solutions and assess applicability for the Port's technology environment.
• Ability to work collaboratively with various IT disciplines – applications, business analysis, client services, InfoSec and communications services.
• Shows the utmost respect for others and is a proven team player.
• Ability to demonstrate the Port's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Complete details: https://www.portofportland.com/Careers