Post Date: 01/23/2019
Close Date: 02/28/2019
At Catlin Gabel School, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work as educators. We pride ourselves on being a warm and welcoming community, and we know our school's success is due in large part to the hard work and dedication of our passionate employees.
Catlin Gabel's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our curriculum and in our mission. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different. Applications are welcome from anyone and everyone.
Position Title: Grade 3 Homeroom Teacher
Department: Lower School
FTE: 1.0 (Exempt)
Reports to: Beginning and Lower School Head
The Homeroom Teacher provides instruction in all subject areas including math, reading, writing, social studies, handwriting, spelling, and social-emotional development. The teacher assesses students’ progress and reports to parents on a regular basis.
• Commitment to tenets of progressive education including experiential learning, teaching to the whole child, democracy, and inquiry
• Plan and facilitate effective, differentiated lessons in reading, writing, handwriting, spelling, math, and social studies
• Assess student learning on an ongoing basis and use this information to inform instruction
• Co-plan with teaching colleagues. Work in a cooperative manner with teachers across the division
• Foster a classroom environment where students feel comfortable to take risks, make mistakes, and be curious
• Practice thoughtful, respectful, and effective classroom management techniques which support active learning and promote responsibility, self-management, and positive relationships
• Work in partnership with students and their families
• Maintain frequent contact with families including blog posts, emails, meetings, and informal conversations
• Write progress reports and participate in parent/teacher conferences
• Attend all faculty and community meetings
• Supervise students during recess and other non-class times
• Develop, plan, and supervise field trips (both local trips and overnights).
• Complete required Human Resource trainings each year
• Participate fully in the life of the school
• Bachelor’s Degree Required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum 3 years classroom teaching experience and record of effective performance.
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND TO APPLY, PLEASE VISIT: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx. Applicants MUST apply via the provided link to be considered.
Complete details: https://catlin.tedk12.com/hire/Index.aspx