Post Date: 12/30/2019
Close Date: 01/20/2020
Volunteers of America Home Free is seeking a DVERT Advocate (Domestic Violence Enhanced Response Team). This is an out stationed position sited within the Family Services Division of the Portland Police Bureau and is part of a multidisciplinary effort in partnership with local police agencies, Multnomah County, DHS Child Welfare and others.
The DVERT Advocate works in partnership with police officers, county staff, advocates, and other DVERT partners to maximize safety for domestic violence survivors whose cases are selected for response by the Domestic Violence Enhanced Response Team (DVERT) due to high risk for lethality.
The Advocate is responsible for providing follow-up contact, safety planning, advocacy, and supportive services. The advocate must be available to officers and other partners for consultation, case planning, and training in the unit and in the community to ensure coordination of cross disciplinary response for DVERT participants.
• Degree in human services or related field preferred, though relevant work experience may be substituted.
• At least two years advocacy experience in domestic violence and/or sexual assault programs.
• Knowledge of law enforcement and cross-disciplinary response to domestic violence, sexual assault, and stalking.
• Knowledge of domestic and sexual violence dynamics.
• Emotional maturity with sensitivity to needs of traumatized individuals, crisis intervention, advocacy, and case management.
• Ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds.
• Capacity to work in a law enforcement environment and across multiple disciplines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced high pressure environment.
• Understanding of trauma informed care and empowerment philosophy of advocacy.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
• A valid driver’s license, current insurance, reliable vehicle, and ability to pass our insurer’s driving standards.
• Ability to pass a criminal background check.
Compensation: Depends on Experience and/or Certifications. Visit our career page for more details. This is a full-time position with benefits. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, 15 days of paid time off, 403(b) retirement contributions, flexible spending account, employee assistance program, and other voluntary benefits and discounts.
Interested applicants must apply online at www.voaor.org/explore-careers
If you need assistance completing online application, please contact the HR department.
For over 100 years Volunteers of America Oregon has become synonymous with compassion and care of our community’s most vulnerable population. We've earned our reputation through dedication and tireless commitment to helping individuals and families create safer, healthier, and more stable lifestyles. For as long as we've been around, our programs have been changing lives.
Volunteers of America Oregon is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Complete details: https://www.voaor.org/explore-careers