Post Date: 11/26/2019
Close Date: 01/31/2020
Manager – Strengthening Education Systems
Do you believe the work you do should enrich the lives of others and improve the world in which we live? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment that values unique perspectives and colleagues who are passionate about learning? If so, we have a place for you at Education Northwest.
Education Northwest is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization dedicated to helping all children and youth reach their full potential. We partner with public, private, and community-based organizations to address educational inequities and improve student success. While most of our work centers on the Pacific Northwest, our evaluations, technical assistance, and research studies have national impact and provide timely and actionable results.
We are looking for a Manager to provide leadership and manage staff working on a variety of training and technical assistance projects, including large scale federal projects, to provide excellent service to the field while fostering a positive culture of teamwork and shared responsibility in Education Northwest’s Center for Strengthening Education Systems.
Supervisory Responsibility: up to 8 direct reports
• Lead and supervise the planning and development of research-based products and services for implementation of medium-to large-scale system-improvement initiatives
• Lead business development efforts, which includes conceptualizing projects, developing budgets, and writing proposals and work plans
• Lead organizational services in a content area: Literacy, English Language Learner, or Culturally Responsive Teaching Practice
• Supervise a team in providing technical assistance in using data and evidence for education program decision making; mentor and grow a team of experts within the center
• Provide leadership to individuals and teams engaged in school, district, and state level capacity building technical assistance projects, including but not limited to professional development plans, performance reviews, and performance management.
• Participate with other managers and the Center Director as a member of the Center leadership team
• Manage the scope, budget, and staffing on medium and large technical assistance projects and programs
• Develop and facilitate productive and strong working relationships between a variety of internal and external teams and stakeholders who seek opportunities to do additional work with you and other EdNW staff in the future
• Lead and/or participate in Center and Organizational business development efforts, which includes conceptualizing projects, developing budgets, and writing proposals and work plans
• Liaise with funding agencies and make recommendations to program officers/clients regarding work plan revisions and directions
• Disseminate research-based information through presentations, technical assistance, telephone, and face-to-face consultations and electronic communications
• Apply knowledge of evidence-based practices and programs to the design and development of new or enhanced products and services
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Ideal Candidates will possess
• Masters’ Degree in education or related field
• 7 + years of experience planning, organizing, and managing complex projects in education
• 5 + years of experience providing staff supervision and leadership to k-12 educators or technical assistance providers
• Experience and/or enthusiasm in working in culturally diverse environments with a commitment to equity
• Demonstrated knowledge, experience and expertise in educational professional development and technical assistance
• Proven expertise in approaches and programs for improving education systems or system elements
• Strong project management skills and experience scoping and directing large projects and/or project tasks
• Extensive experience and/or aptitude managing multifunction and multilevel teams
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated experience working with educational clients including schools, districts, state and federal agencies, policymakers, and/or community organizations
• Knowledge of federal and state research and technical assistance programs in education
• Comfort level and experience working in a professional services (billable hour) environment
Travel and other Key Requirements
• Regular 25%, up to 40%, out-of-office travel with overnight stays of up to a week at a time
• Reside in greater Portland, Oregon area or be willing to relocate
Interested in being a part of this amazing and diverse team of dedicated individuals? Please submit your resume and cover letter at https://educationnorthwest.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk03nv4/
Please include salary requirements in your cover letter.
Position will remain open until filled
Find out more about Education Northwest by connecting with us on Facebook, http://www.facebook.com/educationnorthwest and/or following us on Twitter, https://twitter.com/#!/educationnw
Education Northwest is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Complete details: Click Here for complete details on this position