Post Date: 11/20/2018
Close Date: 12/31/2018
Outdoor Education Program Coordinator
Special Project, Full Time
Our Mission: Inspire curiosity through engaging science learning experiences, foster experimentation and the exchange of ideas, and stimulate informed action.
The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry (OMSI) is seeking an Outdoor Education Program Coordinator, who will focus on coordinating with schools during Outdoor School and teaching the OMSI coastal curriculum to visiting schools and groups. This position requires living on-site at Camp Meriwether, outside Tillamook, Oregon.
OMSI is a center of excellence in science teaching and learning and a valued destination for the community. Founded in 1944, OMSI is ranked as one of the nation's top ten science museums and a world-class tourist attraction and educational resource that reaches 1 million people each year. We are proud to be the largest museum-based outdoor education program in the country.
What you’ll do:
The Outdoor Education Program Coordinator will assist the Coastal Discovery Center Manager and Assistant Manager in successfully running OMSI outdoor school programing. The position will also teach field studies, interest groups, and evening programs. The Spring Outdoor School season runs January – June.
What you’ll need:
• Minimum 9 months working as an instructor for a residential outdoor education program.
• Experience working with youth in an educational setting.
• Working knowledge of the concepts in natural history and ecology.
• Combination of experience and education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree.
• Oregon Food Handler’s Card (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
• Current Wilderness First Responder (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
• Valid Class B Commercial Driver’s License w/ air break and passenger endorsement (training is available during non-working days at employee’s expense).
• Must pass pre-employment checks, such as an American Camp Association check, criminal background check, Motor Vehicle Record check, and reference checks.
• $80 - $100 per day + Room & Board
• Competitive health benefits.
We invite all applicants interested in impacting the community and our future generations to apply to join our team. Visit https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/290476.html to learn more or apply!
Position closes December 31, 2019.
OMSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Complete details: https://omsi.applicantpool.com/jobs/290476.html